Shock Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmbscx10

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
I am going to attempt some shock tuning on my Vekta Ultra when it comes in. I had great success on my Axial Yeti and Yeti XL tamign the solid rear and IFS but i lost all my notes. I'll remember when it comes time. I know there are 1000 variables but one thing that is certain is that the donkey kick is from too fast of rebound and needs to be slowed down.

Anyway, from what i read on so far the Primal V3 Shock collar (Orange Arrow) is needed to do a dual stage spring setup but for the life of me i cannot find a PN to order them. Any Primal owners have a pdf manual they could pass along or a PN for the collars?

Primal MT Shocks.jpg
I had this setup on my Yeti XL (See pic) and made tuning much much easier with faster results . Another suspension tune trick without going to an additional shock is an inner spring. Spring size will be determined on the scale of your RC. The Yeti XL liked the SCX10 springs. My 1.55 Rock crawlers loved bic pen springs.
20240405_065755.jpg
20240405_065835.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks