The gates opened and a flood is on its way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I'm literally in disbelief of what just happened.
Couldn't wait anymore to try a Taylor big block and the sale he has on broke my reluctance.
But since putting it in my cart I added some parts for the vekta, some parts for the 5t, and just now 2 agf servos for the mega truck, then after that I remembered I had stuff for the vesla in my cart at ddm, and ouhps stuff for the baja been waiting for me, so let's add on a bunch more stuff for the 5t.
All in the 2 orders are just shy of my credit card limit...phew, lucky it was all paid off from the last time this happened. Going to have to go sell myself on the corner or sell some blood for a while now. 😆 🤣
They don't pay for blood in Canada and prostitution is illegal. No worries, just excitement waiting for my orders, I wonder which will get here first?
Should be close, Taylor is faster shipping than ddm but needs to build my engine first.

Shiba Inu Waiting GIF by KeepUpWithJazAndYumi

I keep checking the tracking of my shipment from ddm, always get a kick out of its path, the first day it made it from Utah to California, now it's been bouncing around four days just in Los Angeles. I know once it gets to lax it's next stop is the border and that usually stalls it several days, then tracking falls apart and the mail truck shows up at the door with it without warning.
Still no change from my order at Taylor but I know dhl moves fast even pay and send me messages what duties and taxes are owed as it's moving. Had to send a part back to vitavon the same time my last ddm order shipped. Two weeks from Utah to Montreal, the dhl picked up the parcel at my door and three days later it was at vitavon in China!

Oh boy! Just got an email from Mike Taylor... my engine is built!!! He said for shipping safety he will install the engine in the roller I ordered but with no loctite, he also suggested the stiffer rear springs for the vesla to stabilize the suspension with the big block, he asked if I wanted him to throw them in? I had my phone in my hand and emailed back within minutes saying yes and asked if I needed to authorize a new payment...been several hours no response.
I would have payed and bought more stuff again, lol.
Status at Taylor's isn't shipped yet, so the race is definitely on now on if ddm or Taylor gets to my door first! Oh the suspense...

Well I've been given good news, my Taylor order has shipped also!!! Yah hoo! He bested his estimate of 10-14 days to build the engine by having it done and out in 8 days. He said he even installed the kill switch I ordered for what seems to be free!
Now I'm totally in the dark about both my shipments... usps tracking system has gone blank today, the last update it showed was the 6th and it was just accepted by usps in Los Angeles, then I check with dhl with my tracking number, it says they received the package and the estimated delivery is the 25th Oct. Hen??? Not what I expected and hoping that will change as it gets closer, not what I was expecting, from Mike, my experience with dhl and others in previous posts. Not a problem, I went to one of my lhs for a receiver and darnnit, this happened, just came in today then I walked in and swept it up.

20231012_152326.jpg

It's looking good to have my Taylor box before ddm. Got a message from dhl Thursday that I had to pay 15$ taxes and duties, customs cleared, now I just got an update it's in Quebec!!!
I don't know what kind of deal Taylor made with dhl, Taylor charged me 15 euros to ship, ddm 25$ us, and ddm box is still in Los Angeles service center. Hen???

It's looking good to have my Taylor box before ddm. Got a message from dhl Thursday that I had to pay 15$ taxes and duties, customs cleared, now I just got an update it's in Quebec!!!
I don't know what kind of deal Taylor made with dhl, Taylor charged me 15 euros to ship, ddm 25$ us, and ddm box is still in Los Angeles service center. Hen???
Love that about Taylor. Duty and taxes are peanuts!

Oh ya! One box in, Taylor of course. Ddm box left Los Angeles the 2 days ago...must be landed in Montreal by now??? But no update on tracking. Not a problem, I got something to help pass the time now!

16977369070158004676857584849906.jpg
Oh they loving wrapped up the other parts and got everything in the kraken box. And of course the Taylor hat!

Attachments

• 20231019_140006.jpg
    20231019_140006.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231019_140022.jpg
    20231019_140022.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231019_140028.jpg
    20231019_140028.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231019_140039.jpg
    20231019_140039.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Still waiting for my box from ddm, shipping updates where regular when it was in Los Angeles, then the 17 it left Los Angeles but I didn't got that update the 18th, then the 20 or 21st I got and update it left Calgary the 18th, then left Montreal the 18th, can't remember the shipping line of my last box from ddm, don't think it went to Calgary, but it did get stalled at customs several days, haven't gotten that info yet but tracking was offline a couple times this past 2 weeks, and still not updated quickly...hopefully I should see my box this week. It shipped out from ddm the 5th, so I know it's not there fault, may inquire about express shipping on my next order. It's no comparison to Taylor, ordered the same day, they had time to build my engine, me receive it, assemble car and mods, first run, and finish first repairs! May order more of my stuff from Europe, gets to Canada way faster for the same price of shipping.

Flood has finally finished. Although this is the small box coming from closer it has parts to keep me busy for a few days.
The weather is gradually getting colder, the leaves are falling and ground is constantly getting rained on. Makes good rc days hard to plan. Best bet is to have lots of types ready to head out.
I hope it was a fluke to take so long for this box, at least it's here and nobody died waiting. Lol

20231025_130405.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks