Thoughts on the MCD RR5 Max?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the advice! Do you guys know the differences between the MCD RR5 vs. the pro version vs. the pro max vs. pro max FT-R vs. the pro max ultimate? I see all these models on the Cardinal Racing website but the description is almost identical for each.

I have a MCD w5 ultimate, can't fault it, only thing that lets MCD down is the instructions book, very vague in my opinion
Definitely get the ultimate if you can, nothing to upgrade
The difference between the 3 car's, can be found on the official MCD website
There's are a few upgrades on the Taylor RC website
Engine wise 32cc to 35cc, will get it up and moving quickly
The MCD limit slip differential can handle big boar power no problemo
Think I answered all your queries
Hope you find it helpful
Definitely can't buy a better rc car then a MCD, in my opinion 🤔

Last edited:
I want one. The ultimate. Probably will eventually. Thing is, I i need to find more peeps to run with. I get board alone after a while. There is an rc club I'm going to check out thats not far away that is supposed to have all kinds of tracks but not sure about large scale.

The diffs don’t use oil?
As far as I know they do use oil
I assume they use something for lubrication, but their lockup is mechanical and adjustable without changing to thicker or thinner silicone fluid.
You can change the Lock up rate, with the washer thing inside the diff
You can run them open, or 60deg, 90feg, 120 deg
Lower number lock& unlocks slowed, higher numbers Lock and unlock quicker
MCD call in changeable diff timing, the thing you spin around is called a ramp

Last edited:
Diffs use green grease only.

Pro is bottom of the line but not bad at all. All composite materials used. No extra stiffeners and all planetary diffs and center locker. Old radio tray.

FTR is mid level with some alloy parts. Front and rear inner diff housings are alloy. Front and rear arms are alloy. Center chassis stiffeners, turnbuckles, and hubs all alloy. Front and center LSD and rear planetary. Old radio tray.

Ultimate is top of the line with with every alloy piece known to man/woman. LSD front, center, and rear. Chassis stiffeners and top plate alloy. Inner diff housings alloy and arms alloy. New radio tray.

I'm sure I've missed some things but this is the jist. Look at the pics and check the descriptions for each.

If your just bashing I say get the pro and replace as anything breaks. If racing I say get the FTR. Mention me at cardinal racing in the notes when you purchase one if you don't mind👍🏽

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks