TLR 5B shocks vs Losi 5T 2.0 shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Hi guys,

What are the differences between the 5B & 5T 2.0 shocks, other than the TLR branding on the shock caps?

They look identical but wondering if there might be internal changes to pistons etc & which of the 2 shocks is preferred?

I understand but I want to get opinions from 5B & 5T owners? Shall I delete my post in 5T thread if this is a problem?
Please only make 1 thread. Cross posting on the same forum is pointless.
You beat me to it - apologies

Hi guys,

What are the differences between the 5B & 5T 2.0 shocks, other than the TLR branding on the shock caps?

They look identical but wondering if there might be internal changes to pistons etc & which of the 2 shocks is preferred?

They are identical, no difference

They are actually slightly different.... 5ive-b shocks are the nicer TLR version so they have the titanium carbon nitride coated shafts. 5ive-t 2.0 shafts are just normal steel so they aren't as "smooth" but unless you're a seasoned racer and you tune all the suspension etc etc you likely won't notice much difference between the two.

They are actually slightly different.... 5ive-b shocks are the nicer TLR version so they have the titanium carbon nitride coated shafts. 5ive-t 2.0 shafts are just normal steel so they aren't as "smooth" but unless you're a seasoned racer and you tune all the suspension etc etc you likely won't notice much difference between the two.
I did notice that the shock shaft on the 5T is chrome in colour whereas the TLR shock shaft has a tint - I can see what you are referring to 👌

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks