XTM Grizzly Fuel Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obeast44

Ok here the deal, ive been around Largescale for a while and have seen plenty of fuel/motor issues. But Im completely new to the FG style RCs. Ive got a motor thats getting good spark, zero airleaks, carb is cleaned but I cant get it to prime. Im not familiar with the whole 3 hose setup at all. When I hit the primer bulb on the carb it shoots fuel out the big vent line...I assume thats not normal? I cant figure this dang thing out. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

There are 3 lines on the MT. One is the return that dumps fuel back into the fuel tank. One is the fuel to the carb. This one will be connected to the clunk filter in the bottom of the fuel tank. The largest one is an air line that allows fuel gasses to escape and not let them expand collect and pressurize your tank. This line should be raised high and exit away from anything you do not want gas to get on in a roll over.
When you prime it should suck fuel from the tank and you should see fuel spit back into the tank.

I've got all the lines on properly, like I said been down the engine diagnostic road before. What I don't get is when I prime it, the bulb only fills part of the way then it starts pushing fuel out of the vent. I have tried plugging the end of vent hose to get it primed but it's pressurizing the vent instead of pushing fuel up into the bulb. It can't be a blockage because fuel would never reach the bulb in the first place. I have all the lines ran in the factory locations using the factory retaining clips. Guess I'll pull the engine and do a complete teardown....ugh I hate doing those :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks