Hpi throttle servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy james

Small issue with my servo hitec 5645 throttle, if I turn the receiver on, sometimes nothing will happen. The steering servo will work as normal, but the throttle nothing. Also when it does work, if I was to turn it off, the failsafe will kick in, but it will go in full throttle mode, not really handy for the people outside.
So basically, sometimes it works. Sometimes there’s nothing on the throttle servo . I have stock Hpi batteries since the last 10 years.
Im guessing I need to buy a new servo for the throttle.. because it’s dead maybe

Thoughts..

Try a new batt if you have one. Also disconnect the steering linkage and try the steering servo in the throttle plug to see if the problem still happens. Could just be a lose connection on the servo/receiver plug.

Not sure on the fail safe thing. Could just need set up again.

as above, unplug and plug back in and see if the throttle servo behaves itself ,
then try in the steering port if its still playing up, it does seem a fresh servo is needed though,
the failsafe needs resetting, the failsafe has been set, then the servo reverse has been switched at some point to get the servo to work the right way,
but the failsafe has been left as was and goes full throttle instead of full brake,
just needs a reset (y)

Ok just a quick update, Installed new steering servo and the kill switch was making a strange noise also, so that was changed. It’s been 2 years of hammering/Bashing
Now all works prefect,

Best all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks