Spur and pinion gear teeth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayjay

So did a lot of work on my Baja motor 36cc bore / port and polish changed everything in the car except the factory spur and pinion gear and I have to upgrade to metal because I keep shredding the plastic ones . Factory is 57/17 . Would 18/56 be best if I’m on mostly loose dirt and sand ? Or what would be a better setup ?

19/55 has always been the sweet spot for my bajas,
8k clutch spring to go with it, always worked well for me (y)

Tbh I'd probably go to an 8k spring, that 10k spring isn't helping you with shock loading your driveline. I run 8k springs in my 5ives and it's plenty to launch the truck, I have an 8k fiber clutch in my baja and it lifts the wheels with no issue on a 30.5

Tbh I'd probably go to an 8k spring, that 10k spring isn't helping you with shock loading your driveline. I run 8k springs in my 5ives and it's plenty to launch the truck, I have an 8k fiber clutch in my baja and it lifts the wheels with no issue on a 30.5
Only using 10k because it was what Taylor recommended with their parts and motor .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks