Taylor pipe for baja question .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barber213

Good afternoon . I’m installing the pipe on my baja and noticed the damping sandwich mount is causing the pipe not to fit . When I install it with out it . It fits perfect . Is it needed ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_5477.jpeg

I understand what you’re saying . Because I have one on my Bartalone pipe . But this pipe when installed , you only get a space the thickness of a credit card . I would have to practically bent the pipe for it to fit .

I understand what you’re saying . Because I have one on my Bartalone pipe . But this pipe when installed , you only get a space the thickness of a credit card . I would have to practically bent the pipe for it to fit .
best bet is send mike taylor an email and explain the situation fella, he is really helpful, send him a couple of pics etc and i'm sure he will get you sorted out (y),
the contact email is on the taylor site, he usually replies quickly but give hime a day or so cos sometimes he gets very busy,

best bet is send mike taylor an email and explain the situation fella, he is really helpful, send him a couple of pics etc and i'm sure he will get you sorted out (y),
the contact email is on the taylor site, he usually replies quickly but give hime a day or so cos sometimes he gets very busy,
Thank you so much and happy holidays to you .

yep yer right ryan, i may have linked the wrong one, i'll link the baja tsk one below but theres no clear pic of the mount at front of the pipe,
although it does come with a bobbin as well (y) ,

https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/taylor-zenoah-baja-tsk-sx5-5t-5sc-exhaust-pipe
A bit strange really, I saw the pipe you linked but figured the mounting was different to fit the tsk cage. Honestly in his situation I'd just hard mount it if it was me but in his case I'd find some heat resistant rubber and stick it in there. It just looks like that pipe was ment to fit a hybrid 🤷‍♂️

A bit strange really, I saw the pipe you linked but figured the mounting was different to fit the tsk cage. Honestly in his situation I'd just hard mount it if it was me but in his case I'd find some heat resistant rubber and stick it in there. It just looks like that pipe was ment to fit a hybrid 🤷‍♂️
i also just noticed that @Barber213 's pipe has a 90 degree stinger as well ryan,
noth the ones i linked have less angle on the stinger, hopefully @Barber213 can tell us the exact pipe he has (y)

i also just noticed that @Barber213 's pipe has a 90 degree stinger as well ryan,
noth the ones i linked have less angle on the stinger, hopefully @Barber213 can tell us the exact pipe he has (y)
I did notice Paul, either way I call it good in my book with the piece of rubber. @Barber213 I'd send it, you'll be good to go and I doubt there will be any vibration issues. Generally hard mounting pipes can cause the exhaust flange casting on the head to Crack.

@Barber213 I definitely see it, strange tho that the rubber isolator doesn't fit properly. It's definitely clear as day on the outlaw/hybrid, for a curiosity send Mike Taylor an email and see what he says, he's extremely helpful and if it's not right in his eyes he definitely has superb customer service.

@Barber213 I definitely see it, strange tho that the rubber isolator doesn't fit properly. It's definitely clear as day on the outlaw/hybrid, for a curiosity send Mike Taylor an email and see what he says, he's extremely helpful and if it's not right in his eyes he definitely has superb customer service.
I just did with pics . Thanks again .

I just did with pics . Thanks again .

look at the pics on taylor site fella, it shows the fitment with the bobbin (y),

https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/rcmax-zenoah-baja-5b-side-pipe
Thanks for the advice . I reached out to him and got the issue resolved . He told me to adjust the screws on the header and it fits perfect . Thanks again .

IMG_5496.jpeg

IMG_5497.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks