1/4 scale oval

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the cost outlay for a 1/4 scale NASCAR type racer?

No need for radio or any electronics, just rolling chassis and a basic powerplant, body.

Last edited:
seen some WCM types go on ebay for about 800 - Grand. some rtr.
new they go between 1200 and 3500ish. needijng electronics.\

Pics of my new 1/4 scale CAT5 Disruptor....

Here is a few pics of my new Cat5 Disruptor 1/4 scale car..Does anybody have any pics of there 1/4 scale cars ? If you do please list them.I would love to see them.. I am new to the 1/4 scale sport, I plan on running it for the first time next weekend..Thanks Guys

Attachments

• Large Scale #4.jpg
    Large Scale #4.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Large Scale #1.jpg
    Large Scale #1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Large Scale #2.jpg
    Large Scale #2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Large Scale #3.jpg
    Large Scale #3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 31
seen some WCM types go on ebay for about 800 - Grand. some rtr.
new they go between 1200 and 3500ish. needijng electronics.\

That's too close to 'ride-it' scale, for me. I'd rather spend a few dollars more (less?) for something I can ride on at that point. 1/5 scale is debatable but I can get by on the fact that the wheels are smaller still, than my hand. But it's close. Much larger and I'll want to put a seat on it and a steering wheel, forego the electronics altogether.

theres alot that have 3g just in their bajas, and high end modded out FGs.
don't even want to look at a compitition 1/5 car. about 3G starting money and still needs motors and such. lol
T

theres alot that have 3g just in their bajas, and high end modded out FGs.
don't even want to look at a compitition 1/5 car. about 3G starting money and still needs motors and such. lol
T

Well, I certainly respect that. Though, when I was racing Serpent Impacts, I can attest to just how expensive the hobby can get at any competition level. There for ~2 years I raced at a local track or two in GA where I used to live, I think I spent well over $4k just in cars and spares. Of course, Serpents aren't your typical 1/10 parking lot basher, either...

Now, I've only got one of those cars left. Missing the motor for that one, actually...guess I'll have to hunt down a Novarossi or a Mega sometime...

Anyway, sorry, sidetracked. I decided on my FG because there was no way I was going to be able to finish my Kyosho F-Ten for a reasonable price. Which aggravates me to no end, I might add...but the FG should prove fun. I have full intention, however, of upgrading every part on it to make it an Evo or better, perhaps. Starting with the alloy chassis and suspension pieces.

Now to find a place that doesn't fraking rob me for 'em...

with FG being made in Germany, the prices are going to be Pricey anywhere you go i would think. if your looking for the occasional EVO type part to add on, ebay would likely be the best. alot of folks will ship cross continant, so you may find some good deals on ebay uk or such.

with FG being made in Germany, the prices are going to be Pricey anywhere you go i would think. if your looking for the occasional EVO type part to add on, ebay would likely be the best. alot of folks will ship cross continant, so you may find some good deals on ebay uk or such.

Yeah. I especially like how the competition chassis itself is $220-$250, I think that's awesome (/sarcasm).

And the car is in such rough shape, too...LOL, it needs almost everything replaced. However...couple of notables:

1). Car came with the FG alloy locking LSD (very nice).

2). The Zenoah is nearly new, has a racing clutch installed (also nice).

3). A few alloy upgrades (front bulkheads, front & rear uprights, rear upper control arms).

Of course, that doesn't necessarily negate everything that is hopelessly rusted/broken/stripped. Par for the course, I suppose...at least I have my first 1/5 scale on road!

As I said in the introduction, I also race 1/4 scale. Hopefully the pictures will show.
The 1st picture is of the Pro1 when it was brand new
100_0404.gif
2nd picture is of pit road prior to start
100_2046.gif
3rd picture is my Pro1
100_2097.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks