1/5 fg 4wd mini down on top end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modeldrive

just need help on a problem on my Zenoah g270rc l have very bad top end power can l get help on what to check we have to run this motor out of the box the carb is a 990

When u say u have to run this out of the box,im assuming u mean it needs to stay stock, no mods? How much run time is on this engine ? Where are the needles currently set? Are you sure U are getting full throttle, have u checked ur fuel lines and fuel filter?

top end problems

check this all out look to me the piston ring was wear on it but look like to get more top end power in the mini 4wd fg class is to run the g260rc 26cc
has alot more top end

Top end speed is created by 2 things.

High engine RPM

or

Different gearing

If you have 2 engines one with a tendancy to run higher RPM & both have the same gearing on them. Regardless of size of the engines the higher RPM engine will be faster.

If you have an engine, like in your situation 270rc, with lower RPM, but higher torque. It is time to go a bit larger on the pinion gear size & a bit smaller on the spur gear, and this will create the faster speeds your wanting.

When changing gearing, you must be sure that your engine has the torque to pull the size gearing you chose, or your take off speed can be slowed, and clutch damage will almost be certain.

Good luck !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks