1/5 MT Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sykdevil

Looking to get into 1/5, but money is limited for me, therefore I'll be getting a clone. I'm looking for a monster truck so I can bash and do some jumps. Looking for something reliable and won't fall apart everytime I bash.

Smartech Titan
FS King Kong
Redcat Rampage

I'm leaning towards the smartech titan, as most of the reviews were positive. Also I will be able to purchase parts for the smartech titan more easily.

What are your thoughts? Smartech Titan vs Redcat Rampage

Looking to get into 1/5, but money is limited for me, therefore I'll be getting a clone. I'm looking for a monster truck so I can bash and do some jumps. Looking for something reliable and won't fall apart everytime I bash.

Smartech Titan
FS King Kong
Redcat Rampage

I'm leaning towards the smartech titan, as most of the reviews were positive. Also I will be able to purchase parts for the smartech titan more easily.

What are your thoughts? Smartech Titan vs Redcat Rampage

I own both.....Either one is a good 1/5 vehicle....... 1 big difference

0017.jpg

Smartech inhouse manufacturers their engine....they have a 3 bolt head...the cy and zenoahs have 2 and now 4.

If you want to get a head kit to upgrade your H.P. or torque... they wont work on the smartech engines...you will have to buy an entire new engine not just the head kit

The 28cc that comes stock in the titan is a dog the cy 23 has more power

Parts for the rampage are very easy to get www.rampagehopups.com

Last edited:
The one thing I have thought of is that the Rampage has a good support system right now with having USABaja5 an administrator here owning http://www.rampagehopups.com/main.sc;jsessionid=0F4C4C9313C00BDD9B77EC1C073CB5BB.qscstrfrnt01.

I would and will buy the Rampage from his site or through him when the time comes. He will tell you what he or you should do to it to make it what you want it to be.

Good luck on your decision they have been said to both be a good truck.

after doing alot of homework, i went with the rampage. as far as i know.. its not a clone. i know a simular truck is distributed in africa under a nother name. pruduct support is great and the truck is well built with minor issues as in ALL 5th scales. my budget was around $1500.00 and i considered everything from fg to mcd. i wasnt so interested in redcat couse their nitro series is a joke. but everything i read about the rampage made it a no brainer for me. completly happy with my purchase. plus i have $600 for upgrades or another rampage!!

I'm noticing the Rampage dropping in price. I wonder whats up with that? 1st it was the Fg line going down to under 800 RTR and now the Rampage for under 700 RTR. Know wonder there are so many lots on ebay for hobby shop sell offs.:glare:

I'm noticing the Rampage dropping in price. I wonder whats up with that? 1st it was the Fg line going down to under 800 RTR and now the Rampage for under 700 RTR. Know wonder there are so many lots on ebay for hobby shop sell offs.:glare:

Its called ....the economy sucks and we have alot of inventory sitting around...

We need to sell some.... so lets cut our prices and our profit margins:white-flag:

Every vehicle has dropped dramatically in price....FG MCD Smartech.... even the clones the baja $389 man I paid $550

People are paying $1200-1400 for the baja5t...after all the hype the price will drop....no reason for a plus $500 on a baja5b

You can get 2 RTR FGs for $1600 or 2 KM bajas for $780

Last edited:
Just noticed the new Baja 5b from the hobby buyout only went for $680.00 + $33.00 S/H - $50.00 rebate = $663.00 for a new Baja5b. And thats legitimately what people would pay for it in the week it was up.:eek:mg:

Last edited:
I own both.....Either one is a good 1/5 vehicle....... 1 big difference

0017.jpg

Smartech inhouse manufacturers their engine....they have a 3 bolt head...the cy and zenoahs have 2 and now 4.

If you want to get a head kit to upgrade your H.P. or torque... they wont work on the smartech engines...you will have to buy an entire new engine not just the head kit

The 28cc that comes stock in the titan is a dog the cy 23 has more power

Parts for the rampage are very easy to get www.rampagehopups.com

I have the Carson Gas Devil witch is the Smartech Titan. What I have is the 2 bolt CY 27 engine.

I have the Carson Gas Devil witch is the Smartech Titan. What I have is the 2 bolt CY 27 engine.

Right the Gas devil sold on www.rc-car-online.de has the 27cc cy...the Titan, Thunderbolt, CRT, ect. has the 28cc made inhouse ......so do some of the other smartech 4x4 vehicles

When its a smartech it will have the 28cc....... when its branded Carson (a sub-division of smartech)it has the cy

attachment.php

The new Thunderbolt ( produced by NUTECH) has the options of a 23 cc cy or the 26 cc

Attachments

• 1224686389-10684.jpg
    1224686389-10684.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks