1/5 On-Road Americas Cup Web Page!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuisR

http://www.copamericarc1-5.com.ar/index.html

Here you will be able to sign up and find more about this event.
I can help you by translating a few things on the page:

Inicio = Home page
Circuito = Track
Ubicacion = Track Location
Inscripcion = Sign-up Sheet
Inscriptos = Drivers registered
Alojamiento = Hotels
Cronograma = Schedule
Reglamento = Rules

If you are going, please take the time and register and sign up under "Inscripcion" so that your name can be added to the list.
The local racers in Cordoba have reserved and paid about 10 rooms for out of town drivers, so the earlier you register the better chance you have to get one of those rooms. The week of the event in Argentina is a holiday so chances of getting hotel rooms near the event are slim and more than likely prices will high.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Luis, thanx for the info/update. Id LOVE to go to Argentina, atleast to visit, but to race would be awesome.

I have been saving since last year. If you do the math is not that expensive. Besides we lost our local track (301 Raceway) so I don't have a place to race any more so I have to travel to race now.

I have been saving since last year. If you do the math is not that expensive. Besides we lost our local track (301 Raceway) so I don't have a place to race any more so I have to travel to race now.

NO FREAKING WAY!!!! #01 is no longer! DAM! I bought a 1/5th scale hoping i'd make a trip to Md to run it on the track.Since theres no place that i know of to race onroad 1/5th's in Nc.
Where do you travel to race at now???

NO FREAKING WAY!!!! #01 is no longer! DAM! I bought a 1/5th scale hoping i'd make a trip to Md to run it on the track.Since theres no place that i know of to race onroad 1/5th's in Nc.
Where do you travel to race at now???

as of right now there is no other place in MD where to race.
I have been traveling to LA since last year. LA trip is not that bad either and the guys over there are awesome!

really need to find a place like they use in cali at College Station. im thinking this is a large lot of a community college they got permission to use on the weekends when its slow. plenty of this type of place around that should be willing to allow running.

but nothing really beats a true scale size track. thought about local go kart tracks, seems they would have the size and be willing to scheadule track time. get a location, they will come.

Oh man i don't think i'll see myself going out to L.A. I only wanted to do a little casual racing nothing serious.One of my friends just bought himself a 1/5th onroad too. So we have some good size parking lots to run/race at.So i guess this will be about how far into racing i'll get with the 1/5th. Man this sucks was looking to race with more people.

find a lot where you can get permission to use from the owners/mgment company.

take some small soccar cones, maybe some drain tileing, and lay out a track. post announcements in your local craigslist/dailter paper (online) and local hobby shops.

if you set it up, you ll get people that want to come play.

find a lot where you can get permission to use from the owners/mgment company.

take some small soccar cones, maybe some drain tileing, and lay out a track. post announcements in your local craigslist/dailter paper (online) and local hobby shops.

if you set it up, you ll get people that want to come play.
There's 2 great parking lots that i know i can use.I've been using them for awhile now,so me and one of my friends are gonna start running our 1/5th's since he just bought one. I'll probably check the local fire departments to see if they have any old fire hoses to get rid of.Back when i lived in Ct we used fire hoses to make some killer tracks for the 1/10's. Then i'll try and do like you said and see if i can't get the word out. It will be extremely difficult though cause not many people where i live now are into onroad racing.

well, I am back from Argentina and feel better after 20 some hours of flying time.

The track looked in person just like the pictures, flat and smooth, but as soon as we got out cars on track on Thursday, we noticed a lot of dust and small chips on track afecting traction. Then it rained on Friday afecting traction even more, and the most people concentrated working on their cars. Half way thru Thursday, the rain stoped and we went out. Frank Killam dominated all sessions impresing the local drivers.

On Saturday the clouds were gone and we had sun for the first time, so the track got a little better although we noticed that the little stone chips were coming from the asfalt as the surface was not protected. We tried to convince them to spray some kind of traction solucion on the surface but they denied.
Frank still managed to turn 24 laps, 1 more lap than anyone else during the qualifications on Saturday.
Out of 5 rounds of qualifiying, I could only run on the first three and then sacrify the 4th round to work on the car and then then sun came down on the 5th round was cancelled, placing me on the 1/8A group. Frank offcourse got pole position on semi finals group A.
I managed to finish 2 on the 1/8 and bumped up to the 1/4A. My front ball joint came loose afecting front camber and could only finish 4th on the 1/4 mains, one sopt away from bumping to the semis.
This meant that I could from now on enjoy the rest of the races!!!!
The GENIUS XR performed as I expected, very easy to drive and easy to change settings.

On the final race Frank moved on to the final along with 11 other drivers.
Frank started on pole position, but on lap #1, he and other car got tangled and he lost 3 positions.
The race was led by most laps by Fernando Requejo from Vzla, but a few minutes from the end his performance started to shade away and Bruno Bonetta from Argentina, passed him, making the crowd go crazy!!!
Frank moved to 3rd spot dou to one driver not finishing the race.
This was an exiting weekend for me and an experience that i cannot explained.
I was very furtunate to share a room with Frank Killam, so you can say I learn a lot about 1/5 scales cars. The food was excelent and the people really friendly too.
If you have a facebook acount, search for Sede Cordoba for pictures and videos of the race.

The next Copa America will be in margarita island in Vzla, I hope you can make it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks