1/5 popularity at uk circuits....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doza28

Hi All,

I live in bournemouth and I have just aquired an Fg 1/5 on road touring car again after selling my last one, but this time I am keen to start racing, mainly just for fun. I used to race 1/10th tourers many years ago and miss the competition and running my car with like-minded people. The is only so much fun you can have car park bash`n! lol
It seems there are two clubs within reasonable distance from me, Brooklands Rc and Mendip. Brooklands seems to be quite a large club with lots of members, but Mendip from what i can gather, looks to have more people driving other scales and less popularity for the 1/5 cars.
Does anyone on here go along to either of these tracks on a regular basis? What sort of atmosphere/numbers are there etc.

:)

Mendip was one of the best clubs you'l find anywhere with masses of largescale cars and it's probably one of my favourite tracks in the UK.
Brookland has the biggest largescale following at the moment and it's the home track of British champion and FG 'A' team driver Dave Bowen. The national scene is picking up after a massive down turn due to the economy but they're getting upto 40 drivers at each national round. You could also look just over the water in France while you're down the bottom bit of the country as they have lots of 1/5th racing. Check out the BRCA website for more info.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mendip was one of the best clubs you'l find anywhere with masses of largescale cars and it's probably one of my favourite tracks in the UK.
Brookland has the biggest largescale following at the moment and it's the home track of British champion and FG 'A' team driver Dave Bowen. The national scene is picking up after a massive down turn due to the economy but they're getting upto 40 drivers at each national round. You could also look just over the water in France while you're down the bottom bit of the country as they have lots of 1/5th racing. Check out the BRCA website for more info.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Hi Mike,
thanks for the reply Mike! I assume from your answer you have visited Brookland and raced? The track and the videos i have seen on youtube look good. Mendip is closer to me so i`d ideally prefer to go there, and the car i purchased was actually raced there a few years ago too...
:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks