1/5 scale evo build - please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

work_it_work

Hi there everyone, i'm new to this forum, and i can say new to rc world too...
I'm planing to build 1/5 scale on road touring car / evo...
I have some design skills and the possibility to create my own parts... So i'm looking to build my own chassis / axle design.
The first problem i face is the actual dimensions of the car. I tried on google but without luck... I couldn't find anything...
First i need to build the cassis and i don't have any dimensions, like min width max width and length ...
Second i need to know the width of the front and back axle. Diameter and width of the wheels...
Does anyone have this dimensions? Or where i can find such informations?

Thank you very much!
Justin

Justin, just check out Hobbythek FG chassis and body parts.

We would all love somebody to take over from where they're leaving off.

At least FG are ~scale and not something stupid like the Losi 1/5 Mini.

Typically 1/5 on roads have 465 and 535 mm chassis (most popular - 'short' and 'long' wheelbase), 400 mm wide, with bodies ranging from about 800 mm up to nearly 1000 mm

Al.

PS Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Thanks again Al,
I wasn't sure about this website, this is why i asked. I've seen a few manuals for evo and f1 chassis but i couldn't figure out any measurements...
I do have 2 old f1 cars 840mm long arround here and i think they are 1\5 scale... one wheel is 112mm in diameter and 68mm wide, but again this doesn't help me much for an evo chassis, which i want to start with...
i've seen a few cad pictures with an evo08, but they are only print screens, again not too much help.
do you have any idea what is the distance between the interior of the wheel and hex mount of the wheel?

Justin

the dia of touring car wheels these are the new grp's is 118mm dia there 65mm wide and the measurement to square from back of wheel is @40mm touring cars are @395-400mm wide

the f1 you mention is a 1/6th scale got me one here as well but unlucky for me not mine,, I do have a fg 535mm lwb which im happy to help you with any info you need let me know what you need and I will get the tape out

Hi there everyone, i'm new to this forum, and i can say new to rc world too...
I'm planing to build 1/5 scale on road touring car / evo...
I have some design skills and the possibility to create my own parts... So i'm looking to build my own chassis / axle design.
The first problem i face is the actual dimensions of the car. I tried on google but without luck... I couldn't find anything...
First i need to build the cassis and i don't have any dimensions, like min width max width and length ...
Second i need to know the width of the front and back axle. Diameter and width of the wheels...
Does anyone have this dimensions? Or where i can find such informations?

Thank you very much!
Justin

Hey Justin...

If your planning on it being1/5th scale and wanting to race against other 'like' cars.
Your best bet to get these dimensions would be the ROAR rule book. Download the PDF file of the rules. Then look through to find your relevant rules concerning wheel, tire, car dimensions etc.

By the way and just as an fyi. I too like to build and/ or modify cars by producing my own parts. Both in metal, be it Aluminum, titanium or whatever or I mold carbon or glass fibre parts too.

Good luck in your venture/ project.

Regards
British Menace

Again thank you for sharing those info's!
I will attach some pictures with the exact dimensions i need, and hope you guys can help me out :)
What is the diameter of the "uniball" placed in the front and back lower arm?

Thanks again!
Justin

Attachments

• DSCF5060.jpg
    DSCF5060.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 34
f43c15fcc6fd00453dd891dfe94a9ed1.jpg

And this is the measurement where the chassis expands to contact the down stops on the front lower arms. In millimeters. 114.79mm

Last edited:
0e0e271b6f1414c601e5159ca9691287.jpg

e024eb644dd70af0a3821278d49be840.jpg

Mid chassis cross section at the widest part. One pic far away to show where I'm measuring, and one pic close to show the measurement in inches. 6 5/16in

Last edited:
46b29d9efffc05bf5e3f9041b2cf7ce0.jpg

This is rear mounting blocks measured from the rear center of right block to rear center of left block in millimeters. Tool is upside down in pic but reads 69.27mm

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks