1/5 Scale Racing is back in Phoenix!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papago_RC_Raceway

The Nitro Pit will be hosting its first 1/5 scale race on Saturday Aug. 2nd. Racing starts at 6pm. Entry fee is $15. I need to get a list of names that will be attending. There will also be a practice session this Friday, July 18th from 6pm till 11pm. Practice fee is $10.

As most of you know, when Papago got closed down by the city, I bought a share of The Nitro Pit. I am trying to talk my business partners into building a purpose built 1/5th scale track, but to do that, I need to show them that there will be a decent turnout for this type of racing. So for the months of August and September, we will be holding a 1/5 scale race every other Saturday, then hopefully we can build a 1/5 scale track like no other.

We will race 2wd and 4wd together unless we get five cars for each class, then we will separate them. We will be running two 10 minute qualifiers and a 20 minute A main. If there are enough for a B Main, it will be 10 minutes and the top two will bump up to the A main.

So let me know who can attend this first race. Below will be the master list.

1. Myself (Bill Massey) -4wd Buggy
2. Andy Piceno -2wd Buggy
3. Rob -4wd Buggy
4. ViolentJR- 2wd Buggy
5. Angelshark- 2wd Buggy & 4wd Buggy
6. Defunkt- 2wd Buggy
7. Jeckler- 2wd Buggy
8. Scooby (Tucson)
9. Slamnd60 (Tucson)
10. 1 other Tucson crew member
11. Bill Irwin and crew- 4 total, all 2wd
15. Scoot (from the az rc freaks website)
16. rliguori

Last edited:
Just updating the list....

I may have another team of 4 coming out, they will know next week if they can make it.

3. Rob -4wd Buggy
4. ViolentJR- 2wd Buggy
6. Defunkt- 2wd Buggy
7. Jeckler- 2wd Buggy
8. Scooby and the Tuscon guys-all 2wd I beleive- how many??????
9. Bill Irwin and crew- 4 total, all 2wd

I will be making some changes to the track, especially the ski jump on the right hand side, I will make it so we don't lawn dart into it. The big double is faster and less damaging to just single-single, and the left side double triple is better to double-double-single.

I just watched a video of race 3 at milestone MX track, and thats exactly what I will build once I get the OK, but we need good showing for about 4 races before I can do that.

Updated List

3. Rob -4wd Buggy
4. ViolentJR- 2wd Buggy
6. Defunkt- 2wd Buggy
7. Jeckler- 2wd Buggy
8. Scooby (Tucson)
9. Slamnd60 (Tucson)
10. 1 other Tucson crew member
11. Bill Irwin and crew- 4 total, all 2wd
15. Scoot (from the az rc freaks website)
16. rliguori

Last edited:
Here is what we have for each class. We need 1 more for 4WD to seperate the classes.

2WD
1. Andy Piceno
2. ViolentJR
3. Angelshark (California)
4. Defunkt
5. Jeckler
6. Scooby (Tucson)
7. Slamnd60 (Tucson)
8. 1 other Tucson crew member
9. Kevin Irwin
10. Josh Irwin
11. Scoot
12. rliguori

4WD
1. Bill Massey
2. Ramtech
3. Angelshark
4. Bill Irwin

I want to thank everyone for attending our first 1/5 scale off-road race at The Nitro Pit. It was an awesome first turnout. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

I want to especially thank Angel for making the trip from California (and kicking our asses, I will be ready next time and you will have competition ), the Tucson guys for making the trip, and for Ramtech donating a price for 1st place in 2wd Gas Buggy.

Earlier this week I realized that the dates I set for our races were the same as Milestones race dates, so we will change up our schedule. The dates will now be:

August 30th
September 13th (Possibly Round 1 of a series)
October 4th (Possibly Round 2 of a series)
October 18th (Possibly Round 3 of a series)
November 1st (Possibly Round 4 of a series)

Hopefully this will allow the Arizona crew to head out to Cali, and the Cali guys can make it out here for some racing.

After the Nov 1st date, The Nitro Pit will be doing a track layout change, and we should have our other track built, which will be a CORR racing type track that will accomadate 1/5 scale racing and what will be another popular class, short course racing, which will accomadate the Traxxas Slayer, Associated SC8, and the Robotronics BR50, and others that I am sure will be released by then.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks