1/5 tracks and clubs WA and OR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingmotorusa

Hello,
My name is David and I just wanted to share some info. I'm working on getting at least one track going in western WA. Hopefully I can get more so we can get some good tracks/places to bash. I at least want to get a good club started. I'm trying to work with some motocross tracks that have lots of space to allow a 1/5 scale track.

I'm also a king motor dealer, so keep me in mind if you are interested in cars or parts.

Hope to run with you guys in these areas. I'll post updates when I get more info. I'm still Active duty Army, so time is limited for now. Look forward to racing and bashing with you guys sometime that are interested.

I'm up in Bellingham WA, been racing rc most my life . I ran full size sprint cars for about 10 yrs , now I'm getting back to into rc. Just finished going through my new king motor x2 and was also hoping to race it. Hoping to get a few others interested, and possibly talk to the owner of a large BMX track here in town. Keep me updated. P.S. The new x2 trucks are on point, I had a fraction of the issues earlier models reported.

Racing 1/5th scale seems so realistic to me compared to smaller scale vehicles.
The size allows for better visability, and the weight allows the vehicles to react more like 1:1 cars.
I enjoy smaller stuff, but when it comes to racing, 1/5th scale is my personal favorite.

Glad to hear your enjoying the hobby again in the new direction.

I'm up in Bellingham WA, been racing rc most my life . I ran full size sprint cars for about 10 yrs , now I'm getting back to into rc. Just finished going through my new king motor x2 and was also hoping to race it. Hoping to get a few others interested, and possibly talk to the owner of a large BMX track here in town. Keep me updated. P.S. The new x2 trucks are on point, I had a fraction of the issues earlier models reported.

Glad to hear you like the x2! I agree that the 1/5 cars react more like a full size. I've had a blast with mine. They even crash and jump like a 1:1 lol. Keep me in mind if you need any parts or other 1/5 scale vehicles.

Glad to hear you like the x2! I agree that the 1/5 cars react more like a full size. I've had a blast with mine. They even crash and jump like a 1:1 lol. Keep me in mind if you need any parts or other 1/5 scale vehicles.
Hi Guys
How do I tell if an X2 is one of the "new" ones?
We have a place selling them here in Oz but I don't want to buy an older one with the associated diff problems.
Thanks

mine still had the leaking diffs, but that is easily fixed (albiet a little time) had both mine done in a night. This alone is not a king motors issue only, as some losis Ive read about had the same issues. My biggest issue was slop in the rear hubs ( where they meet the a arms) I solved that with a 2 1/2"x1/4" shouldered bolt from my local hardware store 3$ then I drilled the hubs and a arms out to 17/64ths. slop is completly gone and moves freely. Shocks bodies were excellent. I think buying any of these trucks a teardown is a must. PS locktight is your friend.

mine still had the leaking diffs, but that is easily fixed (albiet a little time) had both mine done in a night. This alone is not a king motors issue only, as some losis Ive read about had the same issues. My biggest issue was slop in the rear hubs ( where they meet the a arms) I solved that with a 2 1/2"x1/4" shouldered bolt from my local hardware store 3$ then I drilled the hubs and a arms out to 17/64ths. slop is completly gone and moves freely. Shocks bodies were excellent. I think buying any of these trucks a teardown is a must. PS locktight is your friend.

Thanks for the update
How did you fix the leaking diffs??

I used 50k in the center and 30k in both the front and rears, but I haven't ran on a dirt track yet, so those may change. Works good for blasting around the yard though.

Not yet. I'm currently transitioning out of the Army. I haven't had a lot of time to work on track stuff. I have also been selling King Motor products, so I've been busy with that. Not enough time in the day! I will be back down in WA in the next couple of months. I'll be able to get one going then. I'm starting to look for places with land, so I will for sure have one there. Rest assured, anything I get involved with; I make sure it is done right and it is good. I'm glad to see people are interested! Spread the word!

Admins, this is not spam :)

I know some of you are in our facebook group already but for the rest of you, here is updated info:
Our new website is PNWLargeScaleRC.com and we also have a main facebook page along with area groups. There's links to those from the main website. We can create groups for people in other cities/areas to help you find other people to bash with as well.

We also have access to a track in Kent/Covington area now for large scale RCs. I'll be putting a link to the tracks website on our main website shortly. I'm building the website for the track right now...

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks