1/5th scale on-road @ Joliet, IL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
July 11th 1/5th scale Race N Roast

Hey all,

All quiet as we wait for time to pass.
Look out for the flyer for this event coming out soon.

Behind the scenes arrangements still ongoing...... stay tuned.

Regards
BM

Hi All,

So what are we all doing as we wait for the season to start?

Myself, I'm having a look to see if my McLaren body will fit my F1 chassis.
If it doesn't.... no worries. I will just run the car as an F1. Thats where my passion lies anyway.

Where does your passion lie?

Regards
BM

Great news. Our event is now official!
Alex got the green light for the 11th July and has published a flyer.

Hope you can come and have fun down at one of the U.S most premier tracks!

Regards
BM

Attachments

• 2015 Race n Roast Flyer REVISED-page-001_zpspo1hxrh4.jpg
    2015 Race n Roast Flyer REVISED-page-001_zpspo1hxrh4.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 13
Ok. Just four weeks out. This will soon be here and its now time I think to get this thread going again!

I myself have the Byrons race at the same track in Joliet just two weeks before then I will get my 1/5th scale F1 car out and get her ready for its first track outing!

So excited for this. It really will be great getting her on the track.
Myself, I'm not planning on spending a huge amount on getting her ready. Restricting myself probably to one new set of tires all round for the event and rely on my practice tires mostly.

I wanted to see if I could mount the new McLaren body on her I got from Delta Plastics. Great body but just wont fit

Oh well. Will enjoy getting the F1 going around the track. Will be interesting to see how she handles?!

Regards
BM

Ok. Decided to get a couple of the S901T servo's from Losi. Should take care of the steering duties.
Did notice my servo-saver spring was getting a little week on the car. Duly stripped it off the car and rebuilt with a new spring and "rubbers."
Looks as though I will need a new receiver battery as the one in the car it appears is no longer up to the task :rolleyes:

Plenty of room on the car to put whatever I wanted on so going to have a look around.
New tires should be here tomorrow or Thursday. Some GRP rubber ready for the Joliet track.

http://brucknerhobbies.com/catalog/...=5156&osCsid=e4ebeb9c3d89fc4211543a2acaa2160c

10 days to go ;)

Regards
BM

Ok. Got my new servo's through from Advantage Hobby, good price too!
Along with some new servo arms from DDM. Just need to get them fitted and set-up.

While I was waiting I decided to skin the air filter box in Carbon Fibre. Don't really have time to mess around like this..... just can't help myself sometimes

New tires came too

Car will be ready soon!!

Regards
BM

OK. Steering servo's in and set up.
I have a qui k question for those more experienced in running 1/5th scale then I. Will 2500mAh be enough considering 4 servo's two of which are the giant Losi S901T ?

Thanks.

Regards
BM

My Car

Ok. Car is about ready for the weekend.
Still have not started the engine??!
Darn weather been so wet!!

Looking purdy huh guys?

Attachments

• F1 Car.jpg
    F1 Car.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 21
Thanks guys. New one now with new supplier stickers and carbon nose and airbox ......
Next best thing to "Go-faster-stripes!!"

Regards
BM

Attachments

• IMG_20150710_052823992_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150710_052823992_HDR.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks