1/8 nitro buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankestein

Just moved recently, after about 5 months of storage (with spray lubricant in the engine)...
The same applies to the airplane nitro fuel, all in all both traveled with me about 900 miles.

20 minutes into tuning, tweaking, the buggy is ready for a weekend bash.

10% nitro airplane fuel
.21 Associated Greedy engine
dual chamber pipe
Front oversized china brand shocks (major improvement)
Rear shocks, stock

Minor porting of the sleeve, this engines likes to run rich, and high in the temps, good compression and consistent idle.

Last edited:
Finally shook off that flu that had me knocked down for a week.

Struggling as I could gave it a cleaning to the Sportwerks Turmoil, and basic tuning to the Baja. Today the weather cleared out and out door with both of them.

I drive them usually in a school playground, its all combined with soccer, football and a baseball park.

rc-photo%202_zpsnaofmbgl.jpg
The Baja is missing the front protective glass, broke it the other day on a bad stumble, the sides are fine.
rc-photo%204_zpsmt2lq8iq.jpg
I prefer to run the Baja naked, just the frame. It was fun, finally, no more broken servos, or starting issues. Drove the baja one and a half tanks, 25:1 mix, its running very well. Had to install a new top end, the previous one died on me. The pin that holds the piston ring in its place (don't know how, snapped off), so the ring was dancing all over the place, as a token of appreciation the ring left its presence in the walls of the cylinder head. I looked and looked, how the hell the engine died, mix, tuning, bad carb, and when I attempted to take the ring out, it simply floated in its channel, and the pin was not there. It either never had it (which I can believe that), or snapped under load. There went a new to end, $28.00 from Aliexpress.
rc-photo%205_zpsv5ylsltk.jpg
This is #2, the other one is in the bench, been cleaned and checked. The wing is from a car undercarriage, the plastic liner to protect a automobile from pebbles etc. Its not that fancy, but its super durable and flexible plastic with very good memory. No more broken wings.
The front shocks are china brand from Aliexpress, oversized, does a great job. The engine is a greedy .21, its the first engine that runs well at 300F with 10% nitro airplane fuel. Have ran about a gallon already, always is between 250F to 300F, I know, other engines would have seized at such temperatures. Still maintains good pinch, excellent idle, and good top end. Its not the fastest, but it will run all day, bought the mill on Ebay for $55.00 Black Friday sale, purchased two once I reached check out, lol. The buggy is the Turmoil Pro, you can tell by the curvy front upper a-arms, the pointed front bumper and oversized shock towers. Installed between the two shock towers, a turnbuckle to strengthen the mount.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks