$10.00 RC plane! Yeah!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

circuitfxr

Hi all. I am a newbie to planes. I have been in RC for many years, but always found planes to be too expensive and too easily broken. I came across a RC Plane in a garage sale today that I just couldn't pass up. I got a Parkzone Typhoon 2 3D for $10.00! It has everything except the receiver. I found a replacement receiver at Hobby Zone for only $15.00! It was on closeout sale. OK....so then I find the engine cowling is badly cracked and the pushrod for the elevators is missing. I found both of those relacements online for $2.50 each. I added a new ESC power connector for $4.00 and then shipping costs. All in all, I have about $30.00 in parts to bring this back to original. WOW! I look online at several places and find this plane listed retail for $229.95. I'd say I got a great deal. The 3s lipo battery is also included. I have attached some pics of the "before" new parts, below.
I have been told this is a good starter plane. It is supposed to be pretty resilient. I think I will give it a try once it is fixed up, and then I will sell it. Please let me know if you think I got a good deal or if I was duped. Thanks and have a great weekend! wave.gif

Got the parts today. Everything has been fixed except the receiver. Wouldn't you know it, the one I got is no good. The minute I hooked up the battery, out came the majic blue smoke! LOL I opened it up and found a solder short on the PC board. The processor chip is fried. Time to get another one. I don't know if Hobbyzone will send me a replacement, but I will try. It is only $15.00, so if they say no, I can still just buy another.
I was hoping to get this thing running for the holiday weekend, but I guess not. Not sure if I even want to try and fly it. I am thinking just fix it up and trade it for a boat.
Yes, I want a brushless boat. I would rather this plane go to someone who can enjoy it for more than one flight. :rolleyes:
If anyone has a brushless boat they want to trade, please let me know. I might just end up putting it on e-bay. Have a great holiday weekend everyone!:D

Back