10% Ethanol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csp1971

Is it okay to use gas with an 10% ethanol mix, 91 octane? Just kind of curious. We have a couple stations near us that have ethanol.

Thanks!

I have heard that it don't mix well with certain types of 2 stroke oil! I have used the SILKOLENE PRO BOOST before and the piston ring didn't last long at all! I say stick to what works!!

i try to stay away from the ethanol mix gas. i think my 2 fgs run better on straight gas. they use the ethanol to raise the octane rating in the gas. i would run 87 octane gas over 89 octane mix.

I'll stay away from Ethanol blended gas. I was just curious. I was filling my car up with it and was thinking about whether it would work in my "little car".

In WI you can't find anything but 10% ethanol mix. It's all they sell.

I have been safely running 87 octane regular gas with 10% ethanol for over a year in these trucks and have had ZERO issues.

BTW the higher octane does nothing for these low compression two strokes. Lower octane burns slower, so a lot of heat is pushed out the exhaust in these engines, thus over heating the exhaust ports.

There is zero reason to use anything but 87 octane regular.

In WI you can't find anything but 10% ethanol mix. It's all they sell.

I have been safely running 87 octane regular gas with 10% ethanol for over a year in these trucks and have had ZERO issues.

BTW the higher octane does nothing for these low compression two strokes. Lower octane burns slower, so a lot of heat is pushed out the exhaust in these engines, thus over heating the exhaust ports.

There is zero reason to use anything but 87 octane regular.

Same here in Minnesota, our state requires %'s of ethanol depending on season in all gas 87-92 the only exception is farm fuel which is what I use and only cause I'm in the sticks and its available. The only draw back from ethanol would be the loss of energy that it produces when mixed in fuel but we would not be seen in our engines. If you take a tank of ethanol fuel and a tank of regular fuel and take a trip you will get less mileage (energy) from the ethanol blend vs the non ethanol blend (up to 30% less using E-85 fuel). Ethanol is used for one reason "To lower emissions" but there are two sides to that coin. Also remember octane is not the amount of energy you will get from the fuel but the measurement of a gasoline’s resistance to pinging or knocking under a certain compression, if your motor cannot get the amount of compression compared to the octanes then the extra energy is waisted out the tail pipe. In other words if your motor cannot get to the higher compression then you will get the same energy out of either 87-92 but may get better gas mileage in a large vehicle due to the additives. Ethanol will condensate or attract moisture (separate) faster then regular fuel as well, but it will take quite a while for it to happen. And as with any fuel I would recommend shaking the oil/fuel mix before using it - Always.:)

I can take the ethonal out just mix some water with food colorng pour in in a and the etho.al sticks to it the n settles to bottom the just use a turkey baster and suck it out old aircraft trick lol

Been running gas with 10% ethanol for 3 years with out a problem. I have engines with 8 to 10 gallons on them and where running fine when I took them out to in stall a higher performance engine. I will say ethanol is just another way for the oil company's to make more money! Ethanol is nothing but a scam!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks