16 or 17 tooth layshaft??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobermory

Hi all,
im in the process of buying some stuff for my shengqi and i need to get a new layshaft gear as the one ive got has stripped.im going to buy a blackbone layshaft gear but they come in 16 and 17teeth,my stock one is 16teeth so im wondering if a 17 tooth one would increase or decrease the topspeed,or even if it will mesh with my diff gear(48tooth)
Thanks
Toby:)

Hi all,
im in the process of buying some stuff for my shengqi and i need to get a new layshaft gear as the one ive got has stripped.im going to buy a blackbone layshaft gear but they come in 16 and 17teeth,my stock one is 16teeth so im wondering if a 17 tooth one would increase or decrease the topspeed,or even if it will mesh with my diff gear(48tooth)
Thanks
Toby:)

Hi Toby,
Need to ensure there's enough room, but if there's a little slack, then you should be fine.

You have the PINION on the clutch bell, which drives the SPUR.
Total TEETH COUNT should be 64, thus the bigger the pinion, smaller the spur, the FASTER the LAYSHAFT will turn.
One end of the layshaft has the PINION, the other end, the gear you are talking about.
The MORE TEETH this has, the FEWER TURNS needed to turn the DIFF GEAR (48 teeth normally).

In answer to your question, YES 17 TEETH WILL BE FASTER !!

Al.

i tried fitting a 18t and that needed dr dremel but im sure the 17t is same dia as 16t i have got a 19t as well thats same dia as a 18t and meshes ok,but it should fit no mods

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks