1989 Suburban 44 with Snow Plow in Texas :-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasserbob

Hehehehehehe

It does not even snow here in the Dallas,Texas area but I always thought that snowplows looked cool on the old squarebody trucks.

This snow plow rig was one of my daily drivers up until about 6 weeks ago. Thats when the rear end blew up.
Luckily I was close to my mothers house and was able to engage the 4wd and limp it over to my mommys house.
Picked up another 10 bolt rear end just do not have the ability to install the new rear end. Ha
Anyone wanna help me install the new rear end? jk

A guy in in Minnesota had the snow plow blade forsale and was going to Houston and offered to deliver it to me so I took him up on it.
I spent about a month fabbing up the brackets to mount the snowplow. Seeing how just the brackets were going to cost over $1000 dollars I was like, ummmmmm Ill just make my own brackets.

During the install I discovered that the snow plow solenoids have multiple functions and had to learn how to use diodes to fabricate my own in cab hand control for the snow plow.

I found a old trash truck control stick or as some refer to as a joystick.
Was able to get it wired to the plow and mounted and well it is not a fully functional snowplow.

The blade was made with quick disconnect pins so that I can disconnect the entire plow within only a few mins.

Its really a lot of fun to drive around in 100 degree Texas heat with s snowplow.
Really gets a lot of looks. hehehehe

The motor is a small block chevy 5.7 lt V8 which is way under powered. Not a big deal because I just drive it back and forth to work.
Its perfect for me.

Only about $1900 dollars for the Suburban and snow plow. See so you can be poor but still have a good time. IMG_3535.JPG IMG_3534.JPG IMG_3541.JPG IMG_3539.JPG IMG_3572.JPG IMG_3538.JPG IMG_3535.JPG IMG_3534.JPG IMG_3541.JPG IMG_3539.JPG IMG_3572.JPG IMG_3538.JPG

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks