2 cycle oil for dbxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicky

Hello out there I'm new to the 5th scale rigs and I was wonder what 2cycle oil additive to use? The book says to use 25:1 I can't find anything that reads 25:1 I found 50:1 can I use that and how?

Thanks again

You will have to mix it. 5 ounces of oil to 1 gallon of gas equals 25:1 ratio. As for oil I use Mercury Quicksilver non synthetic that can be bought at WalMart. You can also use any good motorcycle 2 stroke oil found at motorcycle shops.

If your using a stock 26cc motor I highly suggest NOT using 50:1.

Last edited:
Best is to start as you mean to go on - get a good quality oil.
Some prefer semi-synthetic, I like fully synthetic.

50:1 is possible for lower revving engines.
Remember, the only lubrication these engines get is from the fuel, and they can touch 19,000 revs, sometimes more - much more than the lower tuned weed whacker motor on which the motors are based.

Al.

Hello out there I'm new to the 5th scale rigs and I was wonder what 2cycle oil additive to use? The book says to use 25:1 I can't find anything that reads 25:1 I found 50:1 can I use that and how?

Thanks again

I use castro 927 works great in all my zenoah motors never had issues

I only run Klotz super techniplate. It's a fantastic oil. Not to mention it smells like racing fuel when it burns off!
judebe7a.jpg

This is what I use, super easy and pre-mixed so no hassle. Buying it by the case at Lowes or Home Depot saves a bit of money, comes out to about $5 per container. 5ive-T racers at the track turned me on to it.

80495076_L.jpg

This is what I use, super easy and pre-mixed so no hassle. Buying it by the case at Lowes or Home Depot saves a bit of money, comes out to about $5 per container. 5ive-T racers at the track turned me on to it.

80495076_L.jpg

CAREFUL!!
THIS IS NOT FOR HOBBY GRADE ENGINES!

It's indicating chainsaws, etc
Basically the same, but much lower stressed and lower revving.

Needs more oil in it for 'our' 2-strokes.
If yours is OK, you've been lucky.

I DO NOT recommend this.
SORRY.
Al.

Actually Al, I have a OBR race motor and it is just fine, too rich is not good either especially for a higher revving motor and will take away performance. OBR was at the track and pulled my motor apart to fix a head bolt and everything looked fresh in there, 25+ tanks in...

I sit corrected ....
I run 32:1 and mine's been fine, but I don't race.
If OBR are genuinely happy with it, I can understand the 'possible oiling up' thing.

FG used to put 40:1 in their set-up DVD's, but every man and his dog has said 'NO'! ..... until now.

Some of this might be a knock on effect of the witch's brew that is current petrol / gasolene as well.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks