2 speed mod or maybe a bad idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbraswell47

ok since ive had my t1000 ive been through 3 one way bearings and the problem i think im having is the washer/gasket between first an second spur gear has to much of a gap and causing the plastic cover to one way bearing to come loose an spin all grease out. but if i take the washer out it moves freely holding the one way bearing in good, does any1 think this is a bad or good idea? i haven't ran it like that yet.

dunno i haven't had any issues with my OWB yet. i had it all apart a few times doin upgrades and reinstalled the way it was and no issues

yeah mine does good for awhile them it starts to slip sometimes, my dad has his buggy an hasnt had a problem like me but his has slipped a few times. do you have a washer between the spur gears?

Are you getting dirt or dust down in there? that will kill a bearing fast. I am running the TR brake setup which covers the opening real nice and I also take the OWB out every 2 runs and clean/grease it. haven't had a problem at all.

Are you getting dirt or dust down in there? that will kill a bearing fast. I am running the TR brake setup which covers the opening real nice and I also take the OWB out every 2 runs and clean/grease it. haven't had a problem at all.

i need to get a good cover. where can i get 1? what kind of grease are you using? im pretty sure i will have to use some

I use high temp bearing grease, same thing I use in my dirt bikes. 5.99 most places it is red and tacky. I clean the bearing with 3-1 oil and a rag first then pack grease into the bearing for a few minutes then wipe most of it off and reinstall.

I use high temp bearing grease, same thing I use in my dirt bikes. 5.99 most places it is red and tacky. I clean the bearing with 3-1 oil and a rag first then pack grease into the bearing for a few minutes then wipe most of it off and reinstall.

i haven't greased my OWB. but when i do i still have a bunch of TFE wheel and bearing grease leftover from dogbone boot filling.

Seriously? I do not know but it seems that whats getting slung around the gear cover is not that heavy a lubricant:confused:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks