2 speed question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssrecords

Does it matter which way you mount the "shifting mechanism".I'm talking about the part that pops out and catches the set pin for second gear. Is it supposed to open up like this or the opposite way. The layshaft spins clockwise when engaged. Therefore it would seem to not lock in to the set pin. Is it mounted correctly or does it need to be spun around

593be5a6.jpg

The two speed acts on centrifugal force.That means the higher the RPM the arm will flip out and catch the second gear pin engaging second gear.This is also adjustable.
Yes,its on back to front.Turn it around and it will work.
J.;)

Um. I'm looking at the 2 speed diagram of another thread and it looks like it's mounted on there exactly how it's supposed to be. Any input?
ce8c3574.jpg

Thanks. I understand how it works. Just scratching my head at this thing. From the pic and the diagram it's mounted right. But it looks like if it was mount the other way(flipped) it would lock in when it shifts. Any help Voo

If your drive axles turn anti-clockwise then the layshaft has to turn clockwise therefore the centrifugal plate is on the opposite way,it has to be turned round.
J
You can also leave your gears off,start the engine then watch the way it flips out.If it doesn't ,its turned down too tight.
;)

Does it matter which way you mount the "shifting mechanism".I'm talking about the part that pops out and catches the set pin for second gear. Is it supposed to open up like this or the opposite way. The layshaft spins clockwise when engaged. Therefore it would seem to not lock in to the set pin. Is it mounted correctly or does it need to be spun around

593be5a6.jpg

I am having the same trouble... have you solved yours yet... i even have that diagram posted but still no shift sound....

Its probably the shift pin (07466) in the diagram. Mine was broken. I drilled it out and replaced it with a small bolt. I used red loctite and grinded the head off. It's never broken again

Its probably the shift pin (07466) in the diagram. Mine was broken. I drilled it out and replaced it with a small bolt. I used red loctite and grinded the head off. It's never broken again

For me no the shift pin is good see pics.... you can even see sign that it shifts... but no sound... it is also in according to the manual also included.

Attachments

• IMG_20121021_114248.jpg
    IMG_20121021_114248.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20121021_114213.jpg
    IMG_20121021_114213.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20120919_030401.jpg
    IMG_20120919_030401.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2_Speed_7451_Off_Road_Manual.jpg
    2_Speed_7451_Off_Road_Manual.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
Take your small spur gear off for first gear. Try to rev the car slow until the second gear catches. You have to try to eliminate the "what it could be"

Take your small spur gear off for first gear. Try to rev the car slow until the second gear catches. You have to try to eliminate the "what it could be"
well here is what happen in similarity to your method...
lastnight i ran it to test after turn the screw in a bit more.

the E clip shot out and the first 20T gear fell out. (i found it) but car was still able to go cause second gear was engaged. so i know it is shifting .

also yes i have an after market pipe here is a pic of my rc
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TUNING-PIPE...racter_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item27c65439ff

Attachments

• IMG_20121020_231456.jpg
    IMG_20121020_231456.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20120919-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20120919-WA0010.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks