2 speed settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnxman

hello ,

I just installed a 2 speed runnng a 44/48 20/16 gears. just bin fiddling with the clutch to ingage my 2nd gear. does anyone know a good starting point eg screw all the way in and back out 2 turns. with the gears being so close together its difficult to hear the shift point. Iam running a 26 2 bolt zen, can from a baja 5b with homemade stinger. she goes like a cut snake off the line but seemes to max out quicker then i thought it would. when i got the 2 speed apart the spring loaded ars seems sticks and iam not 100% sure it disengages. when i pull it all the way op it sticks i have to give it a slight tap to go back down. so when it s together i can tell fur sure if its going back down.. Any one with experience with a 2 speed, i would love to hear your story... :)

2 speeds are troublesome. Not had 1 personally but read a few threads on here that were enough to put me off :scared: I would ditch it and go back to single speed, sort the tuning so its spot on, change the gearing & get a decent pipe & you will notice a hell of a difference. Probably not what you wanted to hear but not sure anyone will say good things about the 2 speed unfortunately.

lol i heard the same thing but got it thrown in on a pile of aluminum parts i bought... So if i average it all out i probly only paid 5$ for it:cup-1:. I played around with it tonight and goter going like a cut snake lol. I just installed front cable brakes and a jrz590 servo to run them. i have a spektrum dx3 tx and sr3000rx. 3 channel tx. What iam having issues with now is making that new servo ingage with the throttle trigger. I can only make it move when using the "A" button on my tx. I have the manual but its not clear as to how i program the rx to run the servo with the throttle trigger..:rolleyes: very confused lol

That servo will not work well at all, if at all?

* Torque:70 oz/in @ 4.8V, 85 oz/in @ 6V
* Speed:.18 sec/60° @ 4.8V, .15 sec/60° @ 6V

If you do not have any settings saved yet then I would do a master reset on the radio. This will reset the TX back to stock. From there you can mix the 3rd channel for the front brakes.

i got a hitech 5645 on the way to replace the jr590. should it do the job? also i was told by another member on a diff forum to buy or make a "Y" adapter and hook it up to the throttel servo. any one second that. another option i was told wsa to buy a big servo and run both throttel/rear lay shaft brake and front disc of one big servo and just use long cables and bring them in from the rear???

That servo will not work well at all, if at all?

* Torque:70 oz/in @ 4.8V, 85 oz/in @ 6V
* Speed:.18 sec/60° @ 4.8V, .15 sec/60° @ 6V

If you do not have any settings saved yet then I would do a master reset on the radio. This will reset the TX back to stock. From there you can mix the 3rd channel for the front brakes.

Last edited:
Right now I have the steering on one, throttle on another and the front on the third. I mix the throttle and the 3rd so that the 3rd servo only pulls and does not go forward. I am also using the DX3.

Are you running a killswitch on the 3rd channel? I will be buying one for my FG here soon. When I do, thats when I will have to switch over to using a Y harness for the throttle brake and front cables to run off the one channel. I might just have to buy a programmer for the digital servo so I can program the cable servo to just pull and not push. Not sure. If not then I will come up with a way to run them off the same channel without interfering with the cable when moving forward.:(

Oh, and the 5645 is OK. I would like something with more torque. Not satisfied with it in this application.;)
Then again its in my MT so bigger wheels harder to stop.

hello ,

I just installed a 2 speed runnng a 44/48 20/16 gears. just bin fiddling with the clutch to ingage my 2nd gear. does anyone know a good starting point eg screw all the way in and back out 2 turns. with the gears being so close together its difficult to hear the shift point. Iam running a 26 2 bolt zen, can from a baja 5b with homemade stinger. she goes like a cut snake off the line but seemes to max out quicker then i thought it would. when i got the 2 speed apart the spring loaded ars seems sticks and iam not 100% sure it disengages. when i pull it all the way op it sticks i have to give it a slight tap to go back down. so when it s together i can tell fur sure if its going back down.. Any one with experience with a 2 speed, i would love to hear your story... :)

did you ever hear it shift???
i have issues with mine. i don't ever hear it shift but when i take it apart i can see the signs that it engaged see pics

Attachments

• IMG_20121021_114248.jpg
    IMG_20121021_114248.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20120919_030401.jpg
    IMG_20120919_030401.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks