2021 Losi dbxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had anything to compare the 5.9 to, it was a beast when it ran right. Could never get past the need to tune it so often, or not being able to idle right. Then hpi went under and the brushless conversion made sense for it.
All i had to compare at the time was an MGT 3.0. Once considered brushless for the savage, but got an xmaxx instead.
I feel like the 5.9 may have been hit or miss. Mine was mad slow from the start can couldn’t pop a wheelie, sometimes I got it to run really good, but not often. It also spat plenty of fuel out the pipe, cuz it was losing compression a lot, the reason I got rid of it was because I have been though multiple of those stupid internal one way bearings, and last time it broke, parts availability for the k star engines were gone. When I got the .28 I figured out it was locked in third, but the .28 still popped wheelies and accelerated really fast, and went really fast. When I fixed the transmission, bam, wheelies on command. I just replaced the exhaust coupler (huge leak in old one) and now I’m gonna replace lines.

Last edited:
All i had to compare at the time was an MGT 3.0. Once considered brushless for the savage, but got an xmaxx instead.
I feel like the 5.9 may have been hit or miss. Mine was mad slow from the start can couldn’t pop a wheelie, sometimes I got it to run really good, but not often. It also spat plenty of fuel out the pipe, cuz it was losing compression a lot, the reason I got rid of it was because I have been though multiple of those stupid internal one way bearings, and last time it broke, parts availability for the k star engines were gone. When I got the .28 I figured out it was locked in third, but the .28 still popped wheelies and accelerated really fast, and went really fast. When I fixed the transmission, bam, wheelies on command. I just replaced the exhaust coupler (huge leak in old one) and now I’m gonna replace lines.
My second 5.9 I got the pull start start option. But I never had issues with the roto start. Now its point and shoot, wheelies whenever you want them, and blown diff gears, rings and pinions.

My second 5.9 I got the pull start start option. But I never had issues with the roto start. Now its point and shoot, wheelies whenever you want them, and blown diff gears, rings and pinions.
Uggh I must have went through like 5 roto starts. They were a pain. And I was sick of taking the drill everywhere. But for me, the roto start is something you hate when you have, but miss when it’s gone.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks