25/1 oil mixture fouling plugs quick.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna chuck my 2 cents out here... take it as you will. I've ran 2 stroke engines all my life from dirt bikes, rc, to high performance offshore boat engines. I've used all kinds of oil and found as long as you stick with a reputable brand and follow the engine manufactures guides for mix ratio you will be fine. I prefer a full or high quality semi synthetic oil.
Just remember when you change your ratio you will need to retune your engine. By adding or removing oil in your gas you are also slightly leaning or making your engine run richer. The oil molecules are larger than the gas molecules. So any "big" change in ratio will change your tune as well.
Also I cant remember if it was stihl or husqvarna... one of them had released a paper several years ago where they tested oil ratios from 100to1 up to 20to1 and found the least amount of engine wear at 30to1 ratio however the carbon build up and sparkplug life was much better at 50to1 ratio there was noted only slightly more piston skirt wear and no difference in crank bearing wear. From what I recall this study was done some time ago, possibly before synthetic oils were around.

Sorry guys as hard as I looked for it I couldn't fine that article. I asked my dad if he still had a copy. He didn't but he told me it was done by husqvarna and it was some time in the 70's that they did this.
I did,however, find a good video that stresses the mix ratio per the manufacturers guidelines.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks