28.5 cc...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I ordered a 28.5 cc from large scale r/c for my mt, anybody else running this conversion? Pro's... Con's

What does it take to install it? Do I have to pull the motor? Is there anything I should be aware of?

Does it give the, "Increase in power" that I was told it would? I was told the power would be, "Amazing, compared to a stock 26 with a pipe!!" Is it?

I was told I need to re-gear my truck... Do I? "Stock gearing is too low, and all you'll do is wheelies" "30 mph and, if you gun it, it will flip over backwards!!" Is it true?

Please let me know..

Thanks,
Trip.. I am wondering, because my truck runs just great, am I going to get the power he (large scale) is telling me I will?

Thanks guys!

What pipe are you running with the stock 260?

Sorry saw it in the pipes - Your running a Jetpro and don't see the power. Man I would think that pipe would have way more power then my DDM on the low end. I'm not sure what I would do with anymore bottom end, the dang tires never really stop spinning enough now to get going. Are you sure you are tuned in right? I was under the understanding you got wheelies on demand from that pipe now? The stock 260 is a heck of a good engine.

Is the 28.5 just the top end or a kit?
If just a kit then its a snap on replacing a top end.

Last edited:
Trip, i put the 28.5 Race Ported TopEnd kit on my Baja a few months back.

easy swap. pull the head/piston/ wristpin and bearing and install the new stuff.

Make sure the mark on the top of the piston goes to the Exhaust port, and the ring Gap is going to the intake port. BE SURE to gently ease in your cir clips to hold the wrist pin in the piston. leave the gap in the circlips at 12 oclock or 6 oclock to avoid a possiblility of the circlip popping out as the piston changes directions when running. don't sniker IT HAPPENS>.

thats it, use new gaskets, make sure things are tight but not TOO TIGHT. and be sure the whole motor is GOOD AND CLEAN befor you start to keep it clean thru your work.

i love it. 36mm bore is the biggest displacement available, so torque is better and being on the 28mm stroke the RPMS hang out there quite well too.
T

What pipe are you running with the stock 260?

Sorry saw it in the pipes - Your running a Jetpro and don't see the power. Man I would think that pipe would have way more power then my DDM on the low end. I'm not sure what I would do with anymore bottom end, the dang tires never really stop spinning enough now to get going. Are you sure you are tuned in right? I was under the understanding you got wheelies on demand from that pipe now? The stock 260 is a heck of a good engine.

Is the 28.5 just the top end or a kit?
If just a kit then its a snap on replacing a top end.

It has so much low end with the 26 and jet pro it is almost retarded! But as they say, "I want more!" Right now, the annoying little neighbor (he is 40, but he is short, that's why I said little, I don't want you guys to think I am beating on a kid! ha ha) Anyway he has a pesky 1/8 scale ofna buggy, that I can't quite keep up with. Don't get me wrong it is a perfect "Mobile ramp", but he is a little hard to keep up with!

So what I do is, spin a couple donuts in loose dirt, so he can't see his car, then I launch off his ass at like 40!! So much fun!!! :p

I was just wondering if the 28 top end kit is worth putting in? I was told it would be everything I have now, but just more of it. I bought it but I am not sure if I want to tear my truck apart! It runs so well right now!

See Ya Guys,
Trip..

Last edited:
P.S. Believe it or not that paint is Pactra candy red, backed with Indy silver and pactra window tint! Looks orange doesn't it?!! I wanted candy apple red, but instead I got burnt orange. :(

in the end, you may loose a bit of top rpm due to the larger piston, thus more weight, but maybe not, or it may be unnoticable.

P.S. Believe it or not that paint is Pactra candy red, backed with Indy silver and pactra window tint! Looks orange doesn't it?!! I wanted candy apple red, but instead I got burnt orange. :(

Did you background the candy red with another color? I did, black and got brown.:censored:

Attachments

• DSC01771.jpg
    DSC01771.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 79
yes I backed it with indy silver, but I rushed it and tinted the windows before the silver was dry. So that caused the red to turn orange. Indoors it is a pretty red. Anytime you use a candy color always back it with silver or gold!!! White turns the candy color into a pastel YUCK!! and you know what black does! I did the same thing to a Losi JRX2 and ruined a 20 year old body!

Hope this helps,

Trip..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks