28cc Engine will it fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Hiya fellas,just browsing Ebay and came across this. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/28cc-PETROL-E...ssPageNameZWDVWQQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
As it says its a 28cc engine,make unknown, just wondering will it fit an FG?
I have emailed the seller and asked if all the cowlings and tank were stripped off the block is the physical size of the motor the same as a Zen/Solo/CY ? No reply yet,do you guys or do you know of anyone who has bought one of these? If so have you/they had to modify them to use in an FG?
Can you please give me a bit of feedback on this as I'm contemplating on getting one.
Cheers
James.

It just wouldn't be worth it.
That item is off a grass trimmer.
Most people will use them in the boating world because it is easier to make them fit.
They would not come with the proper fastening areas to fit in your model.
It would be difficult for aftermarket and stock parts too.:no:

voodoo

i think it would be worth checking how cheap these could be picked up for,intresting!

it appears to me it looks similar to a cy or zenoah model,i think if the fuel tank was removed from bottom end it would accept engine mounts as the casing on the bottom looks the same.

take a closer look above the fuel tank,the angle of carb seems the same and the bottom end looks same.

if you could get one at a deal im 80 percent sure it would work.....

remove the plastics and it would reveal similar design,only thing iwould say as it is a strimmers engine piston ports and all internal ports would obviously be of a lesser degree so expect much less performance from it,but in saying that it may not be too bad and i think it would work.....

Last edited:
if you note, the ps and clutch sides are flipped. they ahve the PS on what would be our clutch side, and the flywheel side is the drive side of the motor. not sure if they could be arranged to work. it has a familiar looking flywheel cage on it. looks much like a cy or zen flywheel housing. wonder if you pm the seller and ask him if the motors are Kamatsu motors?

Had to do a double take on what you said Tim about the motor being flipped.The drive and the PS are on the same side as a Zen/CY or Solo.If you look at the mill from the carb veiw you will see the pull start on the right and the drive on the left as per same with the above engines,so there might be little or no mods to make it fit? I'll tell you the score when I get mine.
Regards
James.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks