29cc wont tune completely

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtroadcowboy

Hi all, I have a 29cc king engine, it has a cheap pipe but seams to be ok, my it has the 1107 walbro carb, I had to rebuild it because I couldn't get it to tune all the way up, still won't tune up completely even with being rebuilt, I can only get it to about 75%. I've had had my fare share of nitrous and know my 4 strokes and diesels but this baja is making me scratch head, any thoughts?

The metering spring is your issue. Do you have access to a mighty vac hand pump? If not cut about this much off that metering spring and you'll be good to go. The metering spring isnt allowing enough fuel to come in and is starving the carb.

cut the coil right above the arrow if you don't have a pressure pump and the test needs to be done wet which means you need to put some gas in the line which you would connect to the feed line barb on the carb. Pop pressure should be 20 psi or around there, stock pressure is roughly 30 psi which is too much and it's causing your issue.

The metering spring is below the primer bulb.
walbro_carb_wt627_assemble_meter_needle.JPG

I cut the spring as showen with no improvement, even bought a new carb, exact same issue, Maybe the pipe is the issue, it has a dent in it, maybe a 1/4 deep by 1/2 wide?

I'm wondering if you have an air leak at the carb,insulator or base gasket. Take the insulator off that bolts the carb to the head and check to see if its a flat on a known flat surface.

I thought that as well, but I sprayed carb clean all around it while running with no Rev up, so I assumed it's good, but I'll check it again, I know something is wrong

If you just clip the spring with out checking pop pressure you didn't do anything but stab in the dark. Head, crank seals, and transfer covers could be leaking as well. Pressure/ vac test to rule that out. You description of what uts doing is very vague as well, so we don't have much to go off of for advise. Kinda like telling a mechanic my car doesn't run right. Need more information to make an educated guess and give advice.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks