30.5 cuts out after full revs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big marv

Hi guys, new here.
I hope someone can help.
My 30.5 runs well for about 5 mins but then dies when backing off full revs. Engine peaks nicely but when coming back in/backing off to turn the engine dies. It does restart but continues to die after a hard pull.
Any ideas?

If you have a 5B style buggy. I would check those fuel lines make sure they are not getting choked off where they come out of the fuel tank.
I got my 5B Buggy brand new and that was one of the first things I altered.
Bought some 5/32 aluminum tube from Hobby Lobby and used a knife and roll cut about a inch and a half off and put it in the rubber grommet and connected the fuel line to either side of the Aluminum tubing.

Next I would check for a air leak between the carb an the head. Make certain the bolts are all snug to the head and the carb is nice and snug against the spacer. Do Not over tighten.
These are small nutts and bolts with little fine threads. Easy to over tighten and break off in the head.
I am looking to stud my case and head for this reason.

I would next get your owners manual and go back to factory carb settings as per your owners manual.
Keep those cooling fins clean. Seems very important to keep that air flowing across that head for cooling.

Lastly make certain you have good clean filter in your fuel tank. A good ratio of well mixed fuel and oil seems important as well.

Just my two cents for what its worth.

Attachments

• IMG_4771.JPG
    IMG_4771.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4759.JPG
    IMG_4759.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4873.JPG
    IMG_4873.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 7
Check you vent in the tank also. If it is clogged it will do that too after is sucks all the air from the tank.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks