30 second run time, then...CRUNCH!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texascat

After I worked feverishly yesterday to reassemble my KM, cut out the Desert Rat body, paint the body then install it I only get a 30 second run before another breakage and this time it is serious. Well not that serious. I rolled the KM on grass and broke the rear wing and both rear wheel spindles. Time to go billet as a matter of fact all plastic is going bye bye. Screw it. I'm done jacking around with weak plastic parts on a 1/5 scale beast. They shouldn't be there in the first place. I will do it in phases to keep the cost low...yeah right.

My new motto for 1/5 scale cars: "Fix it even if it ain't broke because it will be soon".:hammer: :gun_bandana: :2guns:

After I worked feverishly yesterday to reassemble my KM, cut out the Desert Rat body, paint the body then install it I only get a 30 second run before another breakage and this time it is serious. Well not that serious. I rolled the KM on grass and broke the rear wing and both rear wheel spindles. Time to go billet as a matter of fact all plastic is going bye bye. Screw it. I'm done jacking around with weak plastic parts on a 1/5 scale beast. They shouldn't be there in the first place. I will do it in phases to keep the cost low...yeah right.

My new motto for 1/5 scale cars: "Fix it even if it ain't broke because it will be soon".:hammer: :gun_bandana: :2guns:

I know the smileys are not appropriate for the time so please excuse them.

ohhh deary me... unlucky mate! i've only ran almost 2 tanks from mine so far, and fortunately it hasn't bust as yet, my mate pranged it into a curb too, GRRRR....i was cringing but it was ok! but like you say, i've already started on the alloy too haha! i ordered the rear alloy shock tower set, i'm just not convinced it'll last, i'll be doing the wishbones next i think after that :)

Can't you guys boil the plastics to make them spring back after crashes? I heard that you could boil the plastics on the redcats to strengthen them... Maybe the same thing could be applied to the KM brand?

Can't you guys boil the plastics to make them spring back after crashes? I heard that you could boil the plastics on the redcats to strengthen them... Maybe the same thing could be applied to the KM brand?

My plastic doesn't just bend, it fractures in a compound manner. This plastic is just plain brittle. Maybe it's the cold air in Illinois...it was about 28 when I was at the park. I've got a permanent wish list at Integy with all the necessary parts including:
1. Front bulkhead assembly
2. Rear Bulkhead assembly
3. All four wheel hub carriers
4. Rear Shock support
5. Steering bell crank

The next thing to be replaced with be the differential case, gear cover, and front and rear bumpers.

This bad boy will end up costing over $2000 easy. I'm still happy with my purchase though. Had I got an HPI I would have had to replace all the suspension parts. My KM came with everything alloy except what is mentioned in the list above.

I can telly you Ingegy stuff is about as useless as a pitchfork used as a snow shovel...

I've tried that junk over the years and it all bends as easy as RPM plastics, but the Integy stuff doesn't bend back like the rpm.

Do as you wish, but I would start a thread about them and watch all the negative comments that come pouring in...

I know exactly what you mean about weak plastics, I have a HobyPro buggy. It is not just weak, it's super weak. I replaced all the janky plastics with FG parts, now it's tough as nails. UH Plastic nails... :lol:

Oh yes,you had another shooting in the US i heard on the news.
I know its all the rage to have a shooter in America but any nutcase can get hold of them,is there not something the government can do to make the arms laws tighter?
J

Oh yes,you had another shooting in the US i heard on the news.
I know its all the rage to have a shooter in America but any nutcase can get hold of them,is there not something the government can do to make the arms laws tighter?
J

Sure,,,you can make the laws tighter,,but that still won't stop the bad guys from getting guns...(IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY)...And it will just make it harder for the good guys to buy and to own a firearm...

Sure,,,you can make the laws tighter,,but that still won't stop the bad guys from getting guns...(IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY)...And it will just make it harder for the good guys to buy and to own a firearm...

Yeah,your right there. If they want to buy them they are.
J

Back to Trip's comments:
1. I've had loads of Integy as well - some is OK-ish, the rest is just for bling. The biggest waste I had off them were the huge MSR6 piggybacl shocks for my LST2 / Raminator - leaking every time, despite frequent O-ring changes. It's on alloy Losi shocks now, and hasn't lost a drop (relatively).
2. LST Forum mention boiling the plastic to toughen it up a lot, as a done deal and everyone should be doing it, so it's definitely a way to go or try.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks