30DNT Understeer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jray2955

Hi after a year in the large scale rc game I still can't get my head around Diff oils.
Basically truck is understeering like mad and the turning circle under even slight power leads to a fuel tanker sized understeer.
Do I need to go thicker or thinner in the front?
Also find the suspension bit too soft thinking of raising ride height to it highest setting and going with HD Springs but what oil do people recommend?
Snapped the exhaust today casing a 30 foot tabletop on a mx track what do people like to run on these with a standard 30dnt 29cc engine?
Lastly being in the uk it's always wet and I'm struggling with the airfilter getting too wet and the cheap outerwear cover doing absolutely nothing so what do people do the solve this?
Other than just don't take it out in the wet🤣🤣

Thinner weights help with under steer. But honestly nothing steers tight under power other than drift cars as they have a lot of steering angle plus 2wd. You'll only get so much steering angle with a 4wd rig because too much angle will cause the front drive shafts to bind up.

The best for turning is stock fluids but the inside wheels unload fast in the turn but you can't full throttle it through a turn you have to learn throttle control as I have come to find out while running my 5ive t on a tight on road course..

You'd be surprised how tight It can hook a turn, just need practice and control.

I think the problem is I'm so used to steering with the back end on the Baja and using the throttle to get it to turn sharply that the 30DNT just seems so unresponsive, but in terms of getting around a track the truck outhandles it in most situations.
The other thing I don't like is not being able to use the brake the flick the back end out as the front tends to dig under braking.
I thought maybe I could adjust the brakes so the back locks up under heavy braking with the front just sort applying a little bit of pressure.
Or maybe I should stop being so analytical about it and learn to drive properly 🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks