3rd time killing throttle servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj.jafari

Not sure what’s going on with my 5ive T 2.0
So far I’ve killed 3 x Hitec D-845 on throttle, I got another two doing the steering and no issues.
Initially I thought it might be the heat since closer to the engine than the steering servos so I wrapped my pipe but this time the servo died 2 minutes after starting the car.
The servo doesn’t even travel much as I’ve adjusted my throttle and brake to avoid over travel.
I’m running a 2S Lipo which is fine for this servo.
What am I doing wrong? Or should I blame the D845 ? Having said that the throttle channel runs from the receiver into a Killer RC Light controller so I can have brake lights but could this kill the servo ?

Everybody will suggest their favorite or their preferred brand. At the end of the day electronics can be hit or miss but hitec is just bad. Savox servos are fine. I had a vekta with 1 as a throttle and it did me no wrong.

The one any only hitec I have is a glitchy pos from New. Still have 2 old 1/5 scale savox that work great, and a hilantronics thays works fine too. Always has been a revolving door of which servo wins the day. Seems hilly is out right now and those afrg or whatever are the new go to servos. Just wish a company would make a decent servo and keep making it.

i agree with sean above ☝️, revolving door with servos,
i've had no issues with hitec at all so far, but had issues with savox which is opposite to what most say on j=here,
hilantronic i have two and no issues,
as sean said, just wish servo makers would make a decent servo then keep it decent and not cut costs or whatever on manufacture,

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

I appreciate all comments but it’s a bit strange to me as to why only my throttle dies and not the steering ones are fine which they work a lot harder

How aggressive are you with the throttle and brake? Are you constantly chopping the throttle and laying on the brake? Other than that maybe it's an isolated event and you just have a black cloud over you that's hungry for your throttle servo's 🤷‍♂️

I appreciate all comments but it’s a bit strange to me as to why only my throttle dies and not the steering ones are fine which they work a lot harder
to go back to yur original post, as you have a twin steering setup with the 845's as well, have you tried just running a single steering then run the other 845 for throttle but without going through the killer rc controller,
at least if you did that then you could rule out the killer controller if ithe servo pops on the throttle channel still,
yeh it would cost you a servo, but at least you'd rule out or rule in the controller as a factor (y),
you probably already tried this as well, but have you actually tried the servos that you think are fried direct through the throttle channel to see if they still work,
or try em through the steering channel to see if they work still?
just to make sure the servos are actually popped i mean,

I would assume your running a 2s right? Only other outside thing would be running more voltage than they can handle.
No just a 2S and the voltage is shared between steering and throttle servos , so it can’t be the voltage
to go back to yur original post, as you have a twin steering setup with the 845's as well, have you tried just running a single steering then run the other 845 for throttle but without going through the killer rc controller,
at least if you did that then you could rule out the killer controller if ithe servo pops on the throttle channel still,
yeh it would cost you a servo, but at least you'd rule out or rule in the controller as a factor (y),
you probably already tried this as well, but have you actually tried the servos that you think are fried direct through the throttle channel to see if they still work,
or try em through the steering channel to see if they work still?
just to make sure the servos are actually popped i mean,
I haven’t yet removed the light controller but I’m going to this time .
I got a servo tester and they are dead , luckily Im getting them replaced under warranty here in Australia

Savox quality! Poop! Open one up. I have lots of times. I’m not a customer of theirs any More.
I remember your issues, still has noting to do with my having a lot of savox servos and never having issues with them. Now they are all older then yours were when you had issues. I had the same issue with hitec. But they were working for you. Quality anymore is just so hit and miss.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks