4 stroke Hotrod 5B buggy. Why not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasserbob

Just a thought.

Seeing how these little 4 stroke weed eaters are flooding the market and sears even sells a 27cc 4 stroke weed eater for only $89 bucks.

Im kind of surprised no one has put a 4 stroke into a 5B buggy.
Or possibly someone has already done that.
Or someone is now going to do that.

Im sure it would sound incredible.

Little Hot Rod thumper.

Here is a picture I found of a new 4 stroke 38cc motor for sale only $150 bucks.
All I did was googled 4 stroke weed eater motor.
Looks like it might bolt in, just toss that fuel tank and engine cover and wing it like a congressman.

Attachments

• 37ccengine.jpg
    37ccengine.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 16
It would be cool,I have seen videos on another forum from Europe where a guy had a 4stroke in an fg buggy. I also saw on this forum a guy was working on a 4strole boxer four cylinder build.

I too would like to see something like this, one issue I could see having is the added weight of the 4-stroke engine. However if it could be made with enough power all the torque of a 4-stroke would work awesome with the larger 1/5 for bashing

From my experience, the engine size of a 4 stroke engine would have to be roughly twice the size of a 2 stroke to create the same power.

From my experience, the engine size of a 4 stroke engine would have to be roughly twice the size of a 2 stroke to create the same power.

Due to the higher compression a 4 stroke will have more HP and torque than a 2 stroke of the same size but will not rev anywhere near as high hence the need for higher gearing to get the same speed using a 4 stroke.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks