4 stroke question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TandT

I have been lurking around for a while even though I am newly registered .

Great forum and lots of great people .

I was wondering if there are some vehicles avaible which would accept a 4-stroke engine.

Ofcourse this won't match the 2 storke speed and hp but would be cool to hear and will have gobs of torq.

Anyone ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been lurking around for a while even though I am newly registered .

Great forum and lots of great people .

I was wondering if there are some vehicles avaible which would accept a 4-stroke engine.

Ofcourse this won't match the 2 storke speed and hp but would be cool to hear and will have gobs of torq.

Anyone ?
Anything is possible, but it is not practicle, so you don't see it done. Might be a neat project for yourself to do. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum, 4-strokes have been talked about before but due to the size of the current 4-strokes available they won't fit without a fair chunk of custom fabrication etc, and hence nobody bothers because the 2-strokes are more powerful as you mention. :)

A four stroke has been designed and installed into a fgmt. I would link it with photos but some jerk hacked the site and destroyed the web pages.:cursing:

ok

Thats a naked honda ! I have the trimmer which uses them . (GX25) . .. and theya re cheap $195.00 .

I came across a site with 2, 4, v8 and v12 4t engines, as well as turbines and rotary engines. I stand to be corrected, but I think they were 1/5 or 1/4 scale, I'll post the link as soon as I find it again!!
4t engines' power/weight ratio is much lower than the 2t, as well a tons of maintenance.

Would be sick to have little rotary motor though!!!

The motors are built by a company called Connolly. They build big and small block Chevy's, V-10 Viper motors and 427 Ford's all with full valvetrains (cams, lifters, timing chains etc..) All have spark ignition with working distributors and oil pumps. They may have other motors available by now.

I saw them at a toy show back in 2000, they're almost as expensive as the full size counterparts.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks