4mm nut hardware question for shock mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeper

I am following an exploded diagram for my fg marder and not sure about a particular nut when mounting the front and rear shocks. I'm not sure whether or not to put the 4mm nut before the shock. Was this left out of the diagram, I saw a brand new marder and it has the nut??? Please see attached photos.

Attachments

• Capture0.PNG
    Capture0.PNG
    62 KB · Views: 14
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    592.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    581.2 KB · Views: 14
Hello,

please use the nut as shown on the picture, if you won´t do it the shock is not correctly fixed and the screw will move.
So at first the screw than the normal M4 nut then the shock and at the end the M4 stop nut. Please turn the stop nut only a bit on the screw because the shock will need some space, on the picture the nut will touch the plastic cap of the shock that´s not the right way.

Best regards
Wolle

Weird, this new 2018 Marder on Hobbythek is not using the normal nut before between the shock and shock tower????

VvoQd_OW1140_WM0_PB0.jpg

Hello,
this is the new rear shock mounting plate there is the plastic part bigger like before so the screw will hold better, but in my eyes it will be better to use a 5mm longer screw and a nut to fix the screw.
Best regards
Wolle

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks