4wd baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Turtle sticker!! I like that body as well.

Chris

thanks chris....

i have to thank dave from turtle racing for supplying the stickers and the turtle racing parts i am putting on it and the hpi 2wd parts he sent me (thanks dave)
( i have to admit dave at least put,s back into the racing &bashing community...dave your a champ......)

still got a few more stickers from tr to put on it........

the body i like a lot is nice and tough not flimsy...

thanks chris ...

ambro

hi boys

just a update on the 4wd baja....put the ss pipe on it but needs the dom to wake up the engine a bit have not put the 8k spring as of yet...put the tr suspension brace on the rear ...took it out this arvo for a bash ,,,i must admit i enjoying this 4wd every time i take it out climb hills with it bashit around the park so far all is good ...had to cut the top of the shround so the grass could escape ...when i took it of was like a birds nest there...so that problem,s been eliminated....the grub screw came loose again but realised they were pointed so they were sliping once i filed it flat they work unreal.....these things are pretty tough .....

ambro

I went looking on ebay for these and they are gone. I googled and even found the kalee place but this truck isn't listed there either.

hi i just checked they are there you might have missed it..click on the green picture of models..then wait till it loads then..go thru there products i think its on the third page....model no..102341

Last edited:
hi all

sickboy that,s the place ....also just so you all know that the picture of the twin belts on it is the old model which had problems the new model like i have has a single belt........

if anybody wants one of these models and find it hard to get thru to the company just let me know as they often will only sell them in 20 units or more.
and not singles...i may be able to help...forum member

ambro

hi all

got a package of spares for this model today....this is what i got

4 tires+rims,4sets of rear arms both sides 8 all up ....4 sets of front arms,4 hub front sets hub carriers ,2 sets dog bones,1 set of front cvds, spare shell ,2sets of rear hub carriers, 2 sets of all the alloy plates.2 sets of front shock tower supports...spare belt..all the 4wd pulley,s +shafts as well.all the ball ends... 2 spare layshafts...and a about another 10 sets of other thing,s too many to remember ....
but what a bargain....as soon as i get sorted out i take some pics of the different..sizes of the rear arms, wheels, etc compared to the 2wd baja,s and the good thing is i got all these parts dirt cheap, i mean dirt cheap.....

hi boys ....put the hpi wheels on the 4wd. its a totaly different car handles fantastic goes even better ,spools up quicker like the 2wd ....steer,s better...
full traction on the road and off road...here.s some pics....IMG_0522.jpgIMG_0524.jpg

sure a totally different look

pipeous ..also preforms better goes hard of the line and great traction as well...

also a excellent platform...and if i get sick of 4wd i can remove the dog bones and have a 2wd baja...best of both worlds....i am extremely happy i brought this 4wd...parts have been easy and cheap to get as you can see in above post,s

ambro

Last edited:
well be a while but a quick update.

car has been going great gun's, i had to get the tr enclosed clutch kit for this car as it needed it badly, or the alloy one you get for the 2wd's, too much load with the dual spur gears. front cvds have held up extremely well only the pin pop out but i did a mod and never had a problem since. been beating the snot out of it till now , my main problem is the rear dog bones as the pin keeps sliding of and snapping when you jump on the gas.
does not have a grub screw on the end, so i'll am going to try the dark soul toobz see if that helps..should stop it from sliding out.
but been a very good car so far after about a year and a bit of bashing. go thru two shell's tho from some dramtic driver error. and i have replaced the plastic diff casing with a alloy one..

gee just had alook how long i have had this baja 4wd .. tried to get a vid on the iphone was alone and had to try and get it in the frame .. been bashing this car heaps over the last couple of years its held up very well, had to replace a few standard things , haven't done much too it but bash the crap out of it.. latest upgrade i have done was to install rear hostile 5sc alloy adjustable toe hubs.. will be racing it now at the track..
here a vid of bashing in the local park that had the turf ripped up..as i said had to rty get in the frame.. will be posting a better vid of the kalee. not bad for its age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks