5 SC Flux.. battery choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

got a 5sc flux coming in the mail tomorrow. i want to run 6s. with that being said, i run a set of 5s 65C 6600 mah lipos in one of my helis. whats the max c rate i should look for in a battery for this truck? i could really blow some serious cash on batteries but don't want to if its not necessary.. some helpful advice would be much appreciated!

I've a highly modified, stretched E-Maxx running 6S.
It HAD a Castle Mamba Monster ESC and with the original lower spec 3S batteries, it was fine.
The batteries finally started getting 'fluffy' so I bought a pair of 3S 5Ah 65/130C Turnigy nanotech batteries.
The ESC started cutting power - too much.
I've now fitted a Castle Mamba XL2 and WOW!! This is ballistic - I'm calling it Mental Maxx!!

How does this relate to you?
Basically, it's a good question originally. It depends what your ESC, and motor can take I suppose.
With higher spec batteries, you'll soon expose the ESC, and/or motor.
It might not have a problem with good batteries.
I'd DEFINITELY recommend the Turnigy nanotech batteries - fantastic power!!

Is the system Castle anyway, on the Flux? Can you use a Castle link to check the programming? Perhaps the punch and timing can be limited?
Al.

that was the kick i needeed. that mamba xl2 motor/ esc combo is not available for a month or so. so i just got like 6 3s 5000 mah batts for now to run with the stock setup. between the esc batteries and a TP 820 charger im looking at another 2 grand.. i'm puttin a bigger turbo in my deisel truck first!!

I've a highly modified, stretched E-Maxx running 6S.
It HAD a Castle Mamba Monster ESC and with the original lower spec 3S batteries, it was fine.
The batteries finally started getting 'fluffy' so I bought a pair of 3S 5Ah 65/130C Turnigy nanotech batteries.
The ESC started cutting power - too much.
I've now fitted a Castle Mamba XL2 and WOW!! This is ballistic - I'm calling it Mental Maxx!!

How does this relate to you?
Basically, it's a good question originally. It depends what your ESC, and motor can take I suppose.
With higher spec batteries, you'll soon expose the ESC, and/or motor.
It might not have a problem with good batteries.
I'd DEFINITELY recommend the Turnigy nanotech batteries - fantastic power!!

Is the system Castle anyway, on the Flux? Can you use a Castle link to check the programming? Perhaps the punch and timing can be limited?
Al.
yes, the flux comes with castle 2650 kv motor and castle blurr esc. it will handle 6s... i am gonna go with thunder power 820 charger and Thunder Power g6 batteries

Back