5Bss or Redcat Rampage TT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck9044

I am looking at these to 1/5 scales and wanting any info on witch to buy. I like bashing basicly. My cousin just bought the 5Bss and I love it but I noticed some issues. Slides around alot (2wd) and seems to chew up the rear tires. I have never drove the Redcat but I think 4wd would be an improvement. If I were to get the Redcat I would Probably upgrade the motor to 26 fuely. The weight difference I think would also be a issue. Anyway any reply would greatly be appreciated. Thanks:helpsmilie:

Hi Chuck, welcome to the forum.

THe Redcat is a good little truck and the 4wd helps it hook up better than a 2wd.
If you're going to be bashing, i would personally get an hpi baja. i've had one and it is an amazing buggy. The rear wheel issue has been known for a while. THe stock wheels are pretty soft. As soon as they go, there are plenty of backups you can buy, such as hostile tires for example. There are also a whole lot more after market parts for it.
As for the handling, you're right, it does tend to kick out, but if you put the proper tires and tune your suspension for more bite on the ground you are racing, that should improve the handling allot more.

Good luck,

Chris

i agree. the sliding is alot of fun when you can get control of it, which you will as you use it. rear tires are poop. grab aset of Hostile Hobby Products Rear MX tires, or ATVs and your tire woes will be nearly gone, I say nearly cuz the rims are plastic and with the added traction on the Hostile, you may end up killing the Hex in the Rims. lol but it takes quitea while for that to happen.

Thanks for the replies. Now I'm torn between 5bSS and 5B 2.0 DDM is selling the 2.0 with a free V2 Dominator Pipe. Any opinions
Thanks

If you like to build the car, than get the SS. The 2.0 is good also if you like all the parts in gunmetal, as the SS has them in orange. Also, the V2 dom pipe is one of my favorites.

Good luck choosing ;)

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks