5ive pinion removal issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaygreig

Anyone have any tips on removing the pinion? I tried putting a hex driver in the notch on the clutch bell side to hold it in place, meanwhile trying to crack it loose and balance this precarious set up on my bench. I've tried soldering iron, and just tried my micro torch and still can't break it loose.

Just got off the phone with Losi...the guy I spoke with said the pinion screw is reverse threaded? I tried both ways with the impact driver...still no luck...

Nope, standard right hand thread with blue thread lock. I used channelock pliers to hold the pinion at the teeth and a good quality Hex wrench and it busted free. You might have to hold the torch on that bolt head for a solid minute or 2 in order to get it softened up.

If the bolt is stripped (Allen head) I'd try to dremel a slot and use a screwdriver. You can also try a torx if you dfon't want to cut yet.

Sent you a txt this morning after hearing your voicemail....I haven't gotten any of your texts...still have the same iPhone...I am taking it in to AT&T tomorrow...

Yeah I just got one message from u half hour ago but I've sent probably 15 messages to u that obviously u didn't get lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks