5ive Telemetry runs hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k5krazy

Ok, my set up is a Speky DX3S, a 5ive with an ESP 29cc ported 2 bolt, Walbro 990, a TGN velocity stack with a shorty filter and the stock pipe. I also have Outerwears on the pull start and crank case. Air temps have been under mid 70's so far. It doesn't matter if I am running in a grassy field or a parking lot the temp wants to stay around 275. If I'm really dogging on the engine the temp may hit 300, which is where I will let it idle for a bit and let the temp come down. It doesn't take 5 minutes before my alarm is going off. The plug is sooty black. I can lean it and pull more RPM but the temp shoots up right now. There is no binding in the drive train. I switched the pinion to an 18 tooth thinking I was lugging the engine too hard but it didn't make a difference. The fan on the engine looks OK and the Outerwear is clean. The covers are on the engine. Sitting cold the Telemetry seems accurate. Is there something I'm missing? I've never used Telemetry before and I don't know if I'm putting too much stock in it or not.

Common with outerwears on. Most of us tune the engine properly and ignore it. It is more market hype than anything....I have seen perfectly tuned engines hitting the 350+ degree mark for hours on end. If you have a brown-to black plug with no white anywhere you are in the good!

Sweet, thank you! It wanted to run hot before the Outerwears. I kust didn't want to burn it up for the sake of burning it up. Oh I forgot I'm using Premium fuel and Klotz at a little more than 25:1 (6 oz per gallon).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks