5T 2.0 first time on a track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgarbarino

Man what a difference driving on a track than in a flat lot! First, I was hesitant to hit the big jumps too fast which led to several hard endo's. Then not knowing how fast to hit the corners took me off the track a few times. I felt like I was a drunk diver! After a while I had the confidence to hit the big jumps faster and was able to clear them with a nice landing but took several tumbles in the learning curve.

Things learned, the stock bodies can't take any abuse. The rear wheel wells are pretty much sand blasted of paint in a few spots. The rear quarter panels and the front fenders have a couple creases from crashing and I broke one piece of the cage by the window. Also bent the front bumper support. Planning to get a 30 degree north body when they are in stock.

Had fun though!

U don't use it no more:eek:....tbh I'm not too keen on track racing?

I hear ya, I'm not really interested in organized racing either, I was just bashing with the whole track to myself.

Just ordered a set of 30 Degree North body panels.

I never had one and never used a killswitch. I don't know a single person who ever had a runaway. Our solution is a rubberband. Like the one around your lunchbox,

The 5iveT is great to use on a track. Just attack the jumps and keep some of the throttle on and only let off before landing. I use a Grafil body on mine but it's reinforced with dry wall and shoo go. It's lasted about a year and is due for replacement.

I never had one and never used a killswitch. I don't know a single person who ever had a runaway. Our solution is a rubberband. Like the one around your lunchbox,
No track I've heard of will ever allow you to run without a kill switch. Both my local tracks want to see it actually work as well before they'll let you on and they also require insurance.

@Thrasher, not trying to get you worked up here. I assume from your apparent dislike of electronic kill switches two things. You live in an unpopulated wasteland, where you never need to remotely kill your engine, or everyone around is a genuine saint that if something went wrong wouldn't sue the pants off you. Around here if some dumb kid runs up and touches the hot exhaust before you can get to your rc is enough to get you sued. Pluse there have been many times over flipped my rc on its lid and just killed it. I too have never had a runaway with my 1/5 scale rig, however I'll gladly spend the money to have it as piece of mind. Not that the rubber band is a bad idea I just like the extra features of a normal kill switch, knowing I can shut it down with a tap of my thumb.

Makes sense, cant drop a dime on someone's foot with out the threat of getting sued around here. It's really out of control. I haven't raced in years so I cant attest to track rules regarding the need for one or not.

Suing, it's the American way. I would be super nervous about driving any RC with an engine without a remote kill switch. I put way too much time and money into my cars without some form of insurance against a runaway. I wouldn't want to have a runaway have a chance of hurting someone or damaging someone's property. Chance of suing aside, to me it's just right. I guess it's just the opinion of myself and a few others on this site.

Suing, it's the American way.

America is just the worst of it. It's not that much different in the UK. However, if someone hit me with an out of control 5th scale and had no kill switch fit, after I've got out of hospital I'd take them right to court and have them prosecuted and sue them. Still, all of the tracks in the UK require a kill switch for a 5th scale so it's not really a problem. THey also require you have BRCA insurance so even if they do screw up, you're covered. I also do not want to do permanent damage to a person or child. Running without a switch is just utterly irresponsible.

America is just the worst of it. It's not that much different in the UK. However, if someone hit me with an out of control 5th scale and had no kill switch fit, after I've got out of hospital I'd take them right to court and have them prosecuted and sue them. Still, all of the tracks in the UK require a kill switch for a 5th scale so it's not really a problem. THey also require you have BRCA insurance so even if they do screw up, you're covered. I also do not want to do permanent damage to a person or child. Running without a switch is just utterly irresponsible.
We said?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks