5t chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezzadawg

Hey guys,
I've been lurking thru the forum and there's some really nice builds so well done for that. :)

I have a question about the chassis on the 5t and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem (I can imagine it would be especially bad on the 2speed conversions)

Basically I drive my truck like its stolen and when I land biggish jumps and stuff it makes a really loud screeching noise which I at first thought was the clutch slipping but on closer inspection I notice the chassis is flexing so much that t spurgear is hitting the clutch housing and has worn quite a large groove into the housing.
I haven't got any hop up parts in it yet, and was wondering if alu braces will help stop this or shall I look into another chassis?

Thanks, Kezza.

Hi Kezza.

Welcome to the Forum.
Where are you?
You can insert this into the UserCP section.

That was the first thing I was going to suggest.
A bit of flex is useful for traction out of corners when racing, but flex like that, as you're describing it, does not sound that good, and attempts should be made to limit it.

Could be interesting what other comments are made on this thread, but I would consider the chassis braces.

Al.

I'm from Wollongong in Australia.

There's no where around that people race 1/5 that I know of so I'm not to worried about that.
I am considering this chassis if I can get it, because I'd rather have a stiffer car that doesn't handle perfectly instead of one that is slowly destroying its self. :)

http://www.ultimate-rc.net/product/no-flex_chassis_for_losi_5ive/

I'm actually surprised the guys running the two speed haven't said anything about this, because with the two sets of gears sitting so close, even half the flex mine is having would be making all sorts of horrible noises.

I will look into the chassis braces, any advice which ones? They all look the same so I was going to just get the cheapest ones if there is no difference.

I don't own a 5ive either but the ones that I run with have the losi chassis braces and an aluminum brace between the motor and center diff.

I don't own a 5ive either but the ones that I run with have the losi chassis braces and an aluminum brace between the motor and center diff.

Is the brace between the motor and the centre diff a homemade thing, or an aftermarket part I can buy?
Do you have a link or pictures?

Thanks, kezza

There are a few guys that race these at our track in QLD and I know some of them have had this issue also, as far as I know they are working on this and trying to fab some braces to solve the flex.
I'm not aware of a solution yet but I'm sure they will come up with something.

There is this bump stop made my Turtle Racing designed to address the specific problem you are having.

http://turtleracingproducts.com/products/losi-5ive-t-bump-stop/

I don't know about you, but I could not fab something like twissted's custom brace. You said you have no hop ups in the car so far, so I would definitely purchase some upgraded chassis brace plates for the front and rear. I'm building a brushless 5ive now on a Team Chase chassis and using the entire RB Innovations setup. I really like how all of the parts interlock to really stiffen things up. I think if you beef up your braces and get that bumpstop, you'll be good. I'm a newb though, so don't listen to me too carefully. I'm here mostly to learn! Here are a few photos of the RBI setup installed on the Team Chase chassis.

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_5303.jpg

That is some nice looking work.

Thanks man. Nothing like what you've done! I do really like the look of the black chassis and all the aluminum. Just take apart and bolt together really, but I'm proud of her! The serious work will come with the electronics.. I want a super clean build. We'll see how that goes!

How are you going to tie the front and back together Lois bend at spur gear in middle or are you

That is the main reason I'm doing the build on the Team Chase No Flex chassis. It doesn't have any of the thinning cutouts like the stock chassis so it is uniformly thick. They claim it won't flex nearly as much as the stock chassis. We shall see! I do know some people that could fab something if we can figure out a design that could tie the towers together or something. I think I'll be ok with this chassis though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks