5TT - Really Want One, Am I mad ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom_Mark

I had read about a lot of the downsides of this truck.......

I still really want one, I love the Baja style, and besides the Losi 5ive 2.0 I also have a UDR and SBR2.0, the 5TT feels a natural buy for me at some point.

Was thinking of swapping out the motor for one of the z32cc like in my Losi for starters, and then maybe swapping out the servo's and then fitting the uprated gearbox.

I am not a hardcore basher, a jump for me is generally kerb height max, can this truck give joy to an owner like me, I don't mind upgrading other parts in time.

Or is this truck just one to absolutely avoid ?

The vekta 1/5 scales are solid vehicles you will love it if you get one
I read about issues with spares, much like there is issues with spares for everything I own it seems :D ???

Is the 32cc Zen motor a good match for the 5TT ?? and unless I am bashing the crap out of the truck are spares really a massive deal once I upgrade the transmission ?

I read about issues with spares, much like there is issues with spares for everything I own it seems :D ???

Is the 32cc Zen motor a good match for the 5TT ?? and unless I am bashing the crap out of the truck are spares really a massive deal once I upgrade the transmission ?

I would get a 34 reed or bigger if it was me but the 32 with a good pipe and steel clutch shoes is a good start.

Is the standard trans up to an engine like that, or do I need to absolutely invest into the $500 transmission upgrade to ensure it won't be breaking regular ?

I ran an esp 34cc race port engine in my vekta.5 and it ripped for what it was
Do you have any transmission problems ? rear diff I heard can be dodgy as well ??

I am not looking to smash this to pieces with silly engines and 40ft jumps, just to have some fun and drive it scale'ish etc ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks