6061 vs 7075 Aluminum for Battery/Motor/ESC Mounts — Which Do You Actually Prefer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sos2627

Well-Known Member
Messages
46
Reaction score
23
Hey guys,

I'm working on some custom battery, motor, and ESC mounts for the Losi 5IVE-T and trying to decide on the aluminum spec.
Most of the Chinese option parts out there are 7075, but I'm leaning toward 6061 since it machines cleaner, it's a bit lighter, and honestly strong enough for mounts that aren't taking direct impact.
Curious what you guys think — does material actually matter to you when buying mounts, or do fit and price matter more?
1791356341998.webp
Anyone have experience with both?


Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 11.webp
    11.webp
    415.9 KB · Views: 2
7075has higher tensile strength than 6061 but 6061 is easier to machine.

For what you are doing that truck will not know what alloy you used.
It has now been processed to 7075. The processing cost is too high, so I am considering producing it with 6061.
 
Back
Top