668 Carb Strip & Clean

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyperpete

Hi Fellas, Just want some pointers on best way to strip and clean my 668 carb off my stock fuelie 26s engine.
Its been fine but recently running in dusty conditions it doesn't want to return fully to idle. Although it looks like it has, and the throttle arm will not move any further back,and is against the idle stop screw, if I apply a little pressure to it by hand, in the "close" direction, the revs drop off a bit more to its "proper" idle.
Guessing its got some dust in there ??
How far down do I need to strip it? What do I clean it with (can I use WD40?)
Any hints or tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance y'all !!!

check the ventrui by the throtle plate. I had a 668 develop a burr in the corner that was holding the throtle plate opened a bit. i just swapped carbs at the time, but could file/sand the burr off and use the carb again im sure.

check the ventrui by the throtle plate. I had a 668 develop a burr in the corner that was holding the throtle plate opened a bit. i just swapped carbs at the time, but could file/sand the burr off and use the carb again im sure.

Hmmmm, that sounds like what could be happening to mine mate. Not been inside yet but that is what it is doing.
Sorry to sound dumb, but where / what exactly is the venturi ?????

the venturie is the opening to the carb where the throttle plate is. After time the throttle plate can wear the inside of carb venturie (opening) an make a small ridge or burr ,and this can get in the way of the throttle plate closing fully. Take air filter off an check throttle plate is closing fully. Hope this helps...

the venturie is the opening to the carb where the throttle plate is. After time the throttle plate can wear the inside of carb venturie (opening) an make a small ridge or burr ,and this can get in the way of the throttle plate closing fully. Take air filter off an check throttle plate is closing fully. Hope this helps...

Just had the carb off and you were right mate !
Managed to get rid of a little burr where the throttle plate closes onto the venturi. Cleaned it all up and oiled it and its sweet as a nut !!
Cheers Wagon !!:laugh::laugh:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks