70CC or 57CC Twin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If compairing a 70 and a 57 twin with pro's and con's would help you, maybe you need to read more about them....
Not really playing the same league.

;)

Thanks so much I was just looking for some quick obvious answers...

Understand your frustration, but you really need to know more before you make up your mind.
All the info you need is out there.

There are no shortcuts to use.
Just search and read on.
Sry m8!

If I should give an advice I'd say neither one of them.
There are better choices to look at.
:)

Zenoah g290 all day long even better if its been oddified like mine great engine plenty of power and race proven,,, and looked after will serve you well

never been a fan of the big cc motors just not needed and far to much money theres only so much power you need to much ruins things and breaks things faster

Last edited by a moderator:
i know youve made your mind up but guess you were thinking of the two above engines initially.there are plenty people running them , i hope you spoke to some of them at some time or another before you made your mind up.
ive spoke to a few of the guys running twins and it seems if you know how to tune carbs yo are fine.the bigger engines(70 and twins) are fine if maintained properly. I know there were issues with another bigbore but thats another (old) thread.
with all engines it depends how you look after them, no matter if you hardly use them or run them hard.
ive had no heating or clutch issues, its one of the easiest engines I have or had to get it started.no real tyre problems, no drivetrain problems albeit its all tr, blackbone, phatdad.

obviously things will wear quicker but people know that anyway so not a problem.also will need big spaces.

the bigbores are no better or worse then a 26/30.5 stock or modded, totally different experience altogether. my fg was a missile! great fun , I never really thought id need more but haven't used it since.

Last edited:
I agree with that hyper the biggest thing for me about the big boy's is cost power is great but honestly do you need that much I don't care what people say you can not use all that power

Myself I would YouTube these before even considering buying one.They are great in a straight line but the power is vicious and pretty uncontrollable if you have a heavy trigger finger.Even taking it easy would prove a handful.
Good luck.
J;)

I can use the power, could never do over 70mph on grass with my 7hp obr, even with lag. I hit that with 4k rpm to go but realise not everybody wants to go that fast.
it just comes down to what makes you happy, what makes you buzz. ren if we do ever get to meet, you are welcome to drive my baja, is a funny feeling.imagine what you feel when razzin your oddie about, its just more intense.
im not the sort of person to talk 5hite, they can turn but with the weight on the rear and power, the baja wont handle the same granted but at the same time I haven't used my hormann since either, which I consider a great handling car, much better then the rest I have.the thing is alot people bashing seem to just run up and down anyway from what ive seen at bashes and on youtube.

I remember when the 70 came out., I was on a thread with atom, I said something and he said it looks like I might get one.a year later after reading every thread, evrry video (which never do them justice anyway)talking to testers snd chris himself I finally got one. in my head I knew how it would differ to a tuned 27.2 good or bad. now I got it its exactly how I thought it would be, no bad surprises.
it comes down to what you want and how you feel.
I got bored with a stock 23cc engine so put a pipe on,got a headkit a few months later a tuned motor, then another tuned motor and another all within a year I think.then I got the 70 and feel I never need to buy a tuned engine again...I guess im a power freak! I got what I was always lookin for.
I guess In my head I know if need be I can go back to reality and use a buggy with a smaller engine if i I choose to.
one thing that is important, set up. those videos with them wheelying, flippin etc are mostly people either showing off it brutal power or not the best set up for so much power.
imagine for a second that the rcmax was 500 quid, more would have them and 'too much power' wouldnt be as much a problem.
another thought, my fg was worse for wheeling and flipping before I got the wheelie bar??? set up?
I admit theres is a fine balance
you can have the grippiest tyres and shocks set to more grip too but more wheelies, on the opposite you can have less grip so more wheelspin so less acceleration less flippin .i believe im in the middle now, so when I think about it I aint getting every single ounce of performance due to protecting the car.
but that suits me fine, im not bill gates.
here are my honest pros and cons for the 70.

cons .
a tank last 15 min
power isnt as linear as small engines
its expensive for a toy car engine
heavy, will change the weight distribution of car.
will wear parts quicker so rear needs upgading
you will find yourself bashing alone (every fooka stops theirs when they hear this start up)
baja will cartwheel and flip more if not set up.thank god for tc cages!
in a small area it is no faster then a tuned 30.5
pros
get a big space and nothing comes close
never need to buy another engine again.
power and noise will give you a natural high
very easy to start,
upto now theres been no reports of problems with any of the motor, reliable

it just comes down to what you want, if the op was really going to get one he should know that its not exactly a track engine and parts will wear quicker.
I just cant work out if one is really considering a 70 why would he then get a stock g290?

Last edited:
46cc rcmax.. great all around beast! Very user tuneable to. Start off at 46 goto a 65 if you get bored with the 46 :)

I think the 38 cc to 46cc bb's are going to be a popular choice. around the same price as a full ts. the 50 bzm and rcmax 70 are no longer available.glad I got one while they were out.
can you use the bigger 70 clutch on the 46?

The 46 uses 54mm clutch.. there are a few upgraded 54's coming out..the 46 is dead on and it comes with its own pipe. The other 40 you have to play a guessing game on what pipe to use and get the most from it. Crazy thing is the rcmax 46 really does not wake up until tank 6. You can get the 65 custom built as they are just servicing the 70's. The 65 makes more power than the 70, the usa dist just had someone order a 65... it was not cheap but it is complete clutch carb everything.

The 46 uses 54mm clutch.. there are a few upgraded 54's coming out..the 46 is dead on and it comes with its own pipe. The other 40 you have to play a guessing game on what pipe to use and get the most from it. Crazy thing is the rcmax 46 really does not wake up until tank 6. You can get the 65 custom built as they are just servicing the 70's. The 65 makes more power than the 70, the usa dist just had someone order a 65... it was not cheap but it is complete clutch carb everything.

so if you go to 65cc you have more then 18hp? wow thats crazy. im just wondering what the stroke and piston measurements are compared to the 70.
that was the good thing about the 70, got everything ready to roll.big carb, pipe, clutch.
I think if you brought the 45 and wanted to upgrade it to a 65, it would cost more then the 70 with everything included?

I think most engines take 4 or 5 tanks to wake up including the smaller engines.

thanks man.

Last edited:
It would be cheaper than a 70.. the 70 had its own clutch and clutch bell which was not cheap also the 70 had a billet head so those things increased the price of the 70. I already have a wj71 which is the stock carb on the 70, i got that for 55 bux.. the 65 upgrade kit from my understanding is only going to be a few hundred to upgrade as it is a cylinder replacement. Ill find the specs out on bore and stroke as im interested to. The 46 still has lots of power and they told me once i drive it the thought of upgrading to the 65 would leave my mind hah . Its also the same pipe for the 46,65,70. The only thing on the 65 is someone needs to design a 54mm clutch that will take the abuse of the 65.. a clutch for the 46 is coming out and that should hold up to the 65...the high response kits have been holding there own in the 46 also.. a lot of a abuse and hold up great.

Last edited:
What about the obr 38 ?? Any views on this peeps

there are a few videos on ebay now, a few in a baja and and few vids in a losi t.
still very new engine, so not much info about.

to me its looks closer to a powerful 30.5 tuned with more torque, not as mad as the 70 or twin which could be a good thing.
its priced pretty well, not much more then a fullmod.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks