7HP anyone ? !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find..here's another..I just got a Leopard motor LBP5692/3D - 1340KV 4-pole motor I intend to put in my FG monster or my MCD racerunner. Running it at 4S should be fine. I'm just looking for an ESC that can handle this BIG 7+HP motor. :)

Attachments

• Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Nice find..here's another..I just got a Leopard motor LBP5692/3D - 1340KV 4-pole motor I intend to put in my FG monster or my MCD racerunner. Running it at 4S should be fine. I'm just looking for an ESC that can handle this BIG 7+HP motor. :)

How much run time do you think you will get before having to charge or replace batteries?

Must admit, for large scale, they need the sound of a proper engine!

Many of 'us' live in areas where such noise and fumes are frowned upon, so at least the option of relatively quiet running is quite nice.

I've often seen it, but what IS the difference between out and in-runner motors?

This looks almost like a straight swap for the Zen / CY and even considering a clutch ... just a thought, instead of nothing or trying to fit a slipper.

Al.

7 hp

i can't believe that any of the vehicles on the market today can successfully handle an honest 7 hp. would need a lot of driveline parts to keep it running, to say nothing of the truckload of tires, if the power makes it that far.:cool:

From what I have read large scale electric is lucky to get more then 15 to 17 minutes of run time before charging or replacing the battery packs. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am guessing to run all day you would have to have $1000 to $1500 just in battery packs then a high dollar battery charger or several to keep everything charged.

The only way I would ever consider a large scale electric would be if you would get 40 minutes of run time between changing or charging battery packs and it would have to have a sound system so it did not sound like a sewing machine.

But I agree that a person run what ever makes them happy.

I know there are gas engines that put out 7 and up HP with some going as high as 12 or more with out much problem to the drive train on most large scale.

an in runner the inside spins and and a outrunner the whole outside spins. they are made for airplanes. as for run times if you run 2 packs in parallel then you'll double the run time. my buddy converts all his 5th scales to electric. he's got the money so he's got the batteries. in his rampage mt he runs 4 6s 5000mh packs but he has them in a 2x2 deal, so what he ends up with is 2 12s 10000mh. keep in mind the last time i saw him he was up to about 12 6s packs and i lost count on the 4s packs plus he has 4 hyperion dual chargers and i think 3 single hyprerion chargers. me i like gas, less headachs.lol

Hmmm, the longest run time I think I can get on this EP conversion is 10 to 12 minutes tops. Putting a clutch system will help in preserving the drivetrain parts on the kit. A slipper clutch system is also a good idea. Don't get me wrong guys. I love the sound (but not much the smell though) of running gas engines. It's just that when I get home and want to scratch that itch to run these toys, my neighbors gang up on me when they hear me starting up the engine. :D So if I do this EP conversion in one of my toys, even if the run time sucks, I'll have a little fun. :eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks